I think I dumped, on fluids???

Sai F.
on 1/17/17 3:20 pm
VSG on 09/02/16

The one time I "dumped" it was during my pureed stage. My symptoms were just like yours! Sweating, nausea, dizziness, and my heart beat was so strong that it felt like it was jumping out of my chest. It lasted at the very least 30 minutes. Probably the longest 30 minutes of my life, at least it felt that way.

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Vegbeth
on 1/17/17 6:16 am, edited 1/16/17 10:17 pm - Boston , MA
VSG on 12/28/16

Now I know what to do when I get constipated, just guzzle some water. Haha. No need for miralax, smooth move, ducolax, etc!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 1/17/17 6:20 am
VSG on 08/29/16

I needed to increase my fat intake to have energy and increase my calories. I tried just increasing my calories but that alone wasn't enough. Added foods with a higher fat content and suddenly I perked right up.

Barbsleeved
on 1/17/17 7:34 am
VSG on 08/22/14

I've never tracked fat. Granted, I don't go crazy with it either, but a higher fat/protein, low simple carb diet works well for me. It's certainly not for everyone!

BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES. 

theAntiChick
on 1/17/17 7:41 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

When I do what I call "mini-dumping", I feel absolutely horrible.  Like the chills you get at the start of a stomach bug, nauseated to beat the band (though I never actually throw up), stomach cramping, and then sometimes (but not always) the urgent need to evacuate the bowels and the content is very liquid.  As an IBS sufferer for a long time, when it's just a change in bowel consistency without any accompanying symptoms, I always assume it's my guts reacting to something I ate, but not really "dumping".

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

landy
on 1/17/17 8:31 am

Chicken boobies!  LOL!  That is hilarious!

Miss B

Start weight (1-11-17) 281

Surgery weight (5-1-17) 245

Current weight (6-17-17) 218

VSG on 5-1-17

CalliopeAnn
on 1/17/17 12:56 pm
VSG on 12/21/16

Dumping is definitely possible on the sleeve, though its less of a concern. I've dumped from doing a protein shake too fast (or maybe too soon after regular food). Extreme nausea, tunnel vision, dizziness, diarrhea, it was effing awful. 

Frankies-Girl
on 1/17/17 3:36 pm, edited 1/17/17 7:38 am
VSG on 12/18/14

OP - just from what you ate, I probably would say the high fat along with the chemicals (the sugar free jam and lots of poweraide) caused a bit of loose stool but it doesn't sound at all like dumping.

I experienced dumping and I have a sleeve...

I stupidly tried to eat full fat, high sugar ice cream about two weeks out from surgery. Within 10 minutes, I was in the bathroom with hard painful cramping, bad diarrhea, all the while sweating and shaking. Had to lay on the floor after I was finally finished for at least half an hour before I felt strong enough to stand up. NEVER cheated or tried to advance my diet again after that. ;)

I think high fat foods do tend to make you poo more, but in my case, I think I am more prone to have issues since I had my gallbladder out years back and it made me very sensitive (and developed IBS). Even now two years out from my sleeve surgery, I am careful to not eat high sugar/high fat foods unless I want to end up in the bathroom for a while. The sweating/shaking/cramps are usually present in lesser intensity but still there.

FINALLY MADE SURGERY GOAL: 130 pounds gone as of 4/5/17!
New stretch goal: lose 150 pounds - 20 pounds to go!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 1/17/17 3:42 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

Definitely glad to hear that the only dumping is what I did to that poor porcelain throne. I've been eating this way and drinking the same drink now since early November and I've had good success. This was the first time that I tried to put away that much in fluids that fast. Thanks for easing my mind! 

Most Active