What I'm getting for my post-op routine.

seattledeb
on 2/1/18 9:00 pm

I love little dishes and bowls. I can't remember the last time I used a full size plate.

You are very organized. I hope your recovery is a breeze.

Donna L.
on 2/2/18 1:37 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

If you saw the inside of my freezer, you might disagree, hahaha.

Thanks for the good wishes

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

NYMom222
on 2/2/18 9:58 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Excited for you and Harvey!

I use appetizer spoons and forks still, I buy them open stock at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Ion have lots of portion containers with lids so I can bulk prep. I hate frozen leftovers so I don't do that.

I know how many ounces every bowl and cup in my cabinet holds. I love mason Jars for that too.

I am buying that Wonder Woman bottle.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Donna L.
on 2/2/18 1:39 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Omg...I have to check out the open stock! I never thought to check!

I am starting to dislike frozen leftovers, but the purees don't bug me. I have tried freezing meals before and it never works out long term. Soups I am okay with weirdly. I just tell myself a puree is soup, heh.

Mason jars are great because they are cheap...and garage sales here will often have them for like 25 cents a pop. An 8oz one is nice to sip out of slowly over time, too.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

NYMom222
on 2/2/18 4:35 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes soups are about the only thing I handle frozen. I have an Indian spiced chicken veg soup waiting to come out.

A good soup for recovery is egg drop. Just swirl the egg in chicken broth. I use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce as it's so low sodium for flavor. The brand I buy is Coconut Secret. Trader Joe's just started carrying it but I haven't tried there's.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active