This is a kicker

JudiJ51
on 5/16/18 7:42 am - Hammond, IN

I agree with everyone else of course, because they're 100 % right! That my friend is extra weight that you didn't need to carry around! He couldn't handle it now, he certainly wouldn't be able to handle it by the time you get to your goal weight! I had RNY in August 2003, my husband is still with me today. He had my back then and he has it now! My daughter had it December 2016, her husband was with her then and still there now! Some men/women just can't handle the idea that their boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife is going to go on a journey that they're not a part of. Actually, they really are but I guess they feel we will then see their flaws and dump them for someone else! My friend Bea had RNY in 2008, once she had lost a good amount of weight she began to see her husband for the loser he was. He was an over bearing, mentally abusive alcoholic. They ended up divorced because she didn't have the nerve to leave him when she was obese. He made her feel like she couldn't get any one else because of her weight! I have another friend named Angie who wanted to have RNY right after I did in 2003. We had great insurance thru work at the time that paid 100%, we had to paid a $250. deductible when checking in at the hospital and that's it. My surgery was $28,000 dollars, I have no idea what it costs now days. Angie's husband begged her not to have it, that he loved her just the way she is and that they would get tread mills and exercise together. Angie decided not to get the surgery, within the next year her husband was cheating on her. They are divorced and she weights more than ever, more than 500 pounds. The company we worked at changed owners and got some crappy insurance that hardly pays anything & will not pay for any type of weight loss surgery. Don't worry about that man, he is yesterdays' news! You are on the verge of an exciting life change! Mister Right will come along when you least expect it! Good luck on your Surgery! Let us know how it goes!

Queen JB
on 5/17/18 3:59 am
RNY on 07/20/15
Queen JB
on 5/17/18 4:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Sounds like you just lost about 200lbs without even trying!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active