woman related question for some advice....

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/18 2:56 pm, edited 9/28/18 7:56 am

BRCA ( I am a brca gene carrier ) is I?m convinced one of those things you need to know about ... but also keep the results secret. Getting tested with open records can mean insurance exclusion due to previous conditions ... or being judged harshly ( and then not funded ) because you refused ? medical counsel ? to cut ur titties off or burn ur ovaries out or scoop out ur insides surgically . This is a VERY primitive field - my advice is pay for the test privately ( shoot it cost me 27 dollars years ago)

Julia S.
on 9/26/18 3:37 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I met all of the criteria for my insurance company but they still denied it, even after I appealed. So I figured you might run into that problem. That is why my oncologist said to take it all. We just worked under the assumption that it was positive, even though I wasn't tested.

At least you asked the questions. Good luck to you!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Shannon S.
on 10/8/18 9:02 am
VSG on 11/07/17

I know you have two days, but wanting you to know you're in my thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted on your status.

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/18 3:02 pm

Thanks Shannon, you are the best!

I had my Anesthesiologist appointment today.

I fell in the hospital I was rushing and floor was slippery. They made me go to th ER and I have a wrist sequela and have to see an orthopedic doctor 10 days after my surgery. I also banged my face cheek bone and have an egg and bruise. Fell on same side as my tumor is but seem ok. I can't believe I fell! The little bone is chipped and is the blood supply in the hand or something of that nature. Not an easy sprain. Splint on for now. Said Orthopaedic Doctor might want an MRI and cast. When it rains it pours for sure! Trying to stay positive. Tomorrow I fast and surgery Wednesday. I can't wait to have this behind me. Most stressful month. Thanks again for the kind words.

LuckyLoser
on 10/9/18 2:38 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Oh, how terrible to have a fall right before major surgery!

I hope everything goes well wirh your decision on the surgery and the surgery, itself.

I also hope your wrist and cheek heal soon.

Be well!

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/18 3:37 am

Thanks

Shannon S.
on 10/9/18 3:46 am
VSG on 11/07/17

Omg are you serious? I'm so sorry! Well keep your head up! This will all be behind you soon.

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/18 3:53 am

Thanks yes not soon enough! Nerves shot.

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/18 3:46 pm

I had surgery yesterday and home late today. All went well, Cancer free according to frozen sample and highly unlikely anything different doctor thinks from pathology report in 2 weeks. It was more intensive then he had expected the cyst/tumor whatever called had wrapped itself around my bowel and covered in adhesions (he said adhesions came from 2 dermoid cysts I had 23 years ago). This cyst was a different kind of cyst then they were this was an adnexal cyst but was hard to tell that on ultrasound and CT Scan due to being entangled with bowel and adhesions.

Glad to be home. Sick as usual with Narcotics but behind me by noon today.

Thanks for your prayers.

Partlypollyanna
on 10/11/18 3:49 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Cancer free are two wonderful words! Hope you feel better soon with that weight off your shoulders!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active