Fitbit as calorie counter?

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/19 1:55 pm

Well I definitely eat WAY more than 800 or 1200 calories a day and have no prob maintaining 135 lbd/size two ( four if I want a drop /off - your hips baggy look ) or XS.

Every bit of exercise you do creates " brown fat" which burns the fat and calories you eat and the remaining excess fat on your body . Your metabolism literally does get a bit faster after every exhausting exercise session . Ironically I'm actually considering getting some of my brown fat liposuctioned off simply because it mostly deposits on the back of the lower neck and I'd have the appearance of straighter posture without it .

Calories are not created equal either . Fat calories are far more fattening than fat free healthy carbs and low-fat proteins . There are studies that proved this and my personal experience resoundingly bears it out .

Julia S.
on 8/7/19 8:15 am, edited 8/7/19 1:20 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I love my Fitbit, but I agree with Grim the calories burned is no where near accurate. Using that as a gauge can drive you crazy.

Edited to say I use it to track my food, but I also use Samsung Health as it give me the total grams of all nutrients. Fitbit just gives the percentages, but they are usually within 10 calories of each other.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active