Losing The Regain - At a standstill

hollykim
on 2/12/20 12:18 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 11, 2020 at 9:03 PM Pacific Time, lynnc99 wrote:

This morning was my day to record my weight and have a video call to my nutritionist. And...I was up 1/2 lb from last week.

And of course, 1/2 lb is 8 ounces. It could be water holding on. It could be that I ate some processed turkey yesterday, and that had a little extra sodium. It could be that I had my piece of fruit later in the evening than usual.

Of course that's disappointing but I KNOW that I am doing what I need to do to move in the right direction. I'm eating clean, healthy foods. My daily calorie count is between 800 - 1000 (1050 is what I call a "big eating day.")

So I don't feel discouraged. I know it's a slow journey back. I know I'm on target with my food choices.

But yeah, I'd love to say I was down a pound or so. In fact, I weighed myself on Sunday and I WAS down about a pound at that point in the week.

For the rest of you battling the regain....how are you doing?

fruit is pure sugar. We absorb 100% of those calories.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/13/20 6:10 am - Burleson, TX

After roughly 62 years, this fact sunk in, with me!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Christina135
on 2/13/20 6:33 am

I think I am in the minority then, because I eat fruit daily. I have to. I put frozen fruit in my daily smoothie, along with chia. I have either 1/2 an apple or 1/2 an orange a day. I think that, in addition to the chia is the ONLY thing that keeps me regular. I never feel guilty about fruit. I feel guilty about those vegan girl scout thin mint cookies I have been inhaling, lol but never fruit!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

TheWombat
on 2/13/20 11:50 am
VSG on 06/11/18

I never feel guilty about eating fruit either. Fruit does contain sugar, of course, but it's packaged with fibre that keeps it from being absorbed too quickly. It's also full of micronutrients. I've never heard of anyone becoming obese by eating too much fruit or vegetables!

Christina135
on 2/13/20 12:45 pm

I'm of the same mindset. I love fruit, and even though I can't eat a ton of it, I never let myself feel bad about it!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/14/20 5:47 am - Burleson, TX

NO need for guilt!!! You do YOU! I won't speak for Holly Kim, but what I was referring to, for myself, was I know I have to severely limit MY fruit consumption, or it leads me into my danger zones...I may have berries, occasionally, but things like oranges will cause me to run amuck...

Over the past countless years, I have seen many, many struggle with weight loss/health goals. Upon closer examination, they often are eating more fruits AKA carbs, than protein...

But, like I said, if not a problem, for YOU, don't sweat it !!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Dee_Caprini
on 2/12/20 3:48 pm

Way to be accountable. I am suffering a massive head cold and do not want to eat anything. Plus we have 2 sick kiddos as well so we are one big cootie fest at our house. Waiting until we feel a bit better do get my head in the game

White Dove
on 2/13/20 4:26 am - Warren, OH

Without my smart scale, daily weight changes would drive me nuts I weigh every day and note weight and water. Sometimes I am up and the water is down, so I know that is due to overeating. When the water is up, I cut back on salt, drink more water and wait for the excess to go away.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

TheWombat
on 2/13/20 11:59 am
VSG on 06/11/18

Amen. Last week I "gained" about 2 pounds overnight. I didn't panic because I saw that my fat percentage had gone down, and because I knew I hadn't been eating nearly enough calories to gain weight, especially that quickly. Looking back, I think it was because I had some soup that might have been high in sodium. Fortunately the weight came off about three days later.

Smart scales are even more useful when you get close to goal. When you still have a lot to lose, each pound of fat you lose is only a tiny fraction of your body fat, so the fat percentage doesn't change much even though the pounds are coming off. But as you get closer to normal weight,the pounds come off more slowly, but each pound lost represents a larger fraction of your body fat. So I usually see my fat percentage drop one day, and then a day or two later I find I've lost a kilo.

VSGAnn2014
on 2/15/20 2:32 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Last year (Year Five) I was traveled almost half the year. Being away from home so much (and around some pretty amazing food!), my weight went up, and for much of last year I weighed 3-8 pounds more than I had weighed after losing 100 pounds post-WLS.

For the last six weeks I've been doing the WW Green Plan and have lost six pounds. I have two more pounds to lose to reach my goal.

Obviously, WW is working well for me. I haven't been into crash-dieting for a long, long time, certainly not since WLS. The WW dealio these days is pretty much the way I've eaten for a long time, but right now I am benefitting from the extra accountability and structure it offers and from how I'm learning to "practice" eating in moderation some foods I ordinarily shy away from.

:)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Most Active