Surgery regrets?

Starfire1
on 10/13/20 7:22 pm

You are not kidding- I totally agree with you! I had a complication about 3 weeks after my RNY - had to have a revision done. I never regret my surgeries because the quality of life that I have now is so much better than it was before RNY!! I'm so thankful for it!

Jennifer5598
on 10/12/20 9:25 am

Hi there I don't want to hurt you but mine has been horrible, if I had known I never would have had it. The nauseous feeling and the constant heartburn and the constipation!!! That's the worst. I have lost almost 70 pounds but I have been in bed sick for 4 months. I don't want to be a negative Nancy but think really hard about it. I wish you the best!

Corey150
on 10/12/20 9:50 am

The only regret I have is that I didn't do it sooner!

Dee_Caprini
on 10/12/20 11:00 am

No regrets whatsoever!

ChavezFrinak1955
on 10/12/20 11:28 pm

Leona: we don't know one another but in some ways we do. I know what it's like to be obese. I know the feeling of not knowing what tomorrow will bring.

maybe you are afraid and need to have definite answers. Makes complete sense.

its an unknown but it was the biggest gift I ever given myself.

My surgery : 10-26-06

top weight : 301

current weight 167

do I have regrets No bc

i can tie my shoes

buy clothing

wipe myself

shower

walk

hope this helps?

Starfire1
on 10/13/20 12:07 pm

It's so nice to be able sleep without a C-Pap machine, be able to trim my toenails, fit in an airplane seat without an extender, ride roller coasters, go to water parks, walk, jog, and play with my daughter at the park without having to sit down from being out of breath.

Starfire1
on 10/13/20 12:02 pm

This is my opinion- I think what your are feeling is fairly common and normal especially going through a surgery like this. In most cases we go through a lot of tests and a long process of approval. Thankfully we have these boards to turn to for support and information. In my case I checked my Dr.'s stats (complication rates, successful procedures ect.) I had full faith in his experience performing RNY. His knowledge and how he treated me (bedside manner) reiterated my faith that I was making the right decision. The advantages have improved my life in ways I never even have thought of and I too like the other's who commented wish I had done it sooner. I'm 10 years post op and I've had some weight regain but it's my own fault because I was eating high amounts of carbs. I'm committed to getting back to goal weight and have restarted my RNY eating habits to achieve this goal again. I wish you the best of luck with your decision whatever it may be.

ChavezFrinak1955
on 10/13/20 1:04 pm

Dear Starfire1: we have something in

common-veterans!

i has RNY 06. 2018 to present I

put on 30lbs. I'm working hard.

would love to stay connected cheering

and supporting ?

Most Active