Fell back into old habits

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/17/21 9:54 am

I noticed that when I start eating "normal" foods, including desserts, grains, breads, pasta, or even some fruits, my appetite gets much bigger and my cravings for carby items can be bad. And even with physical restrictions (how much I can eat) I start gaining weight and I can gain very fast. In 2020 I started eating "whatever" once in a while. then it became a few times a week. In 12 months I gained over 40 lbs. In a middle of this year I decided to recommit to better for me diet, but I had a few "relapses" in eating foods that I know I should avoid. I was able to lose 10-15 lbs and my body is trying to resist losing more. But I am dedicated to eat better for my body (keto diet) and I eventually switch to keto-paleo.

One day at a time, one meal at a time.

I've been on the rather strict keto for the last 7 weeks, and we have a lot of snacks in the breakroom. Right now its not very difficult to look at that and not getting any. I honestly rather eat cheese.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

TierraMoone
on 12/21/21 6:03 am

I can very much relate to the regain and stress eating. Reaching out for support and being accountable is a great step in the right direction.

Most Active