Recent Posts

nesterpoe
on 12/21/23 11:59 am
Topic: Bone Density Low

My bone density is very low. I have been on pills or shots for at least 3 years, My Dr said I am just not absorbing the medication and my density is 18-20 % worse.

He wants me to go on Prolia shots.

Has anyone used Prolia?

Thank You

Nancy Poe

Kasiana
on 1/26/21 11:28 am, edited 1/27/21 10:00 am
Topic: RE: Top 5 Essential Oils for Arthritis Pain Relief

Great suggestions as my arthritis pain has become worse in the last few months. Thanks for the great input. It's great that sounds like yours promote alternative ways to deal with such a condition instead of just pushing for medication that is known to have long-term negative effects for your body. Considering that, I also find a lot of comfort when it comes to medically approved marijuana edibles specially if they come from sources that I can trust. The effects are great, and I do enjoy eating gummy bears and feeling better without so much pain in my daily life.

phatdivabbw
on 11/30/18 1:52 pm - NJ
Topic: RE: Scared about stopping my NSAID!

THIS IS INTERESTING. I TAKE TRAMADOL, MELOXICAM AND 4 ARTHRITIS TYLENOL TO MANAGE MY PAIN AND IT STILL DOESN'T GIVE ME ANY PAIN FREE DAYS. I HAD A VSG 6YRS AGO AND GAINED BACK 60LBS. I'M STRUGGLING NOW TO GET SOME OF THIS WEIGHT OFF MY JOINTS.

Smooches

Another Fatone
on 10/12/18 6:00 pm - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13
Topic: RE: Need a Surgeon Near Tallahassee Who Will Do a TKR on Obese Patients

Dr J. C. Alvarez is doing my TKR down here in Sebring Fl. Look him up.

Good Luck on you.

5' 11" 73 year old Male

Started 314 Now 200

Beware the Statistics Quoters

Another Fatone
on 10/12/18 5:59 pm - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13
Topic: RE: Need a Surgeon Near Tallahassee Who Will Do a TKR on Obese Patients

Dr J. C. Alvarez is doing my TKR down here in Sebring Fl. Look him up.

Good Luck on you.

5' 11" 73 year old Male

Started 314 Now 200

Another Fatone
on 10/12/18 5:53 pm - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13
Topic: RE: Intense knee pain?

Surgery next week. Cool. I would alternate heat and ice and stay off of it.

Good luck with your surgery

5' 11" 73 year old Male

Started 314 Now 200

Nknerr
on 11/28/17 10:36 pm
VBG on 12/07/17
Topic: Intense knee pain?

So,I've lost 46 lbs and my surgery is scheduled for next week. However, started a fitness plan and since the first day at the gym, I can barely put weight on my left knee. Its to the left of The kneecap when looking down at it. Very upsetting due to lack of meds I can take for it! Any suggestions other than ice?

mermaidoz
on 9/8/17 10:06 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Butrans patch

The obvious advice is go with whatever works for you. Pain is a very personal thing and there is no one fits all solution.

My original post was enquiring if anyone was specifically on the BUTRANS Patch, seems no one is and that surprises me.

MarinaGirl
on 9/8/17 9:48 am
Topic: RE: Butrans patch

I am having good success with a prescription Lidocaine patch for my back arthritis. It is worn 12 hours on then 12 hours off.

Kryshna84
on 7/27/17 8:55 am
Topic: RE: Rheumatoid Arthritis/Lupus and gastric bypass

Hi. I was pretty recently diagnosed with RA myself.. How long til you developed the allergy and how did you know? I take ibuprofen and acetametaphin a lot because the hospital here refuses to give me any pain meds for any of my chronic pain. I also have fibromyalgia and osteo arthritis as well as really severe degenerative disc disease. I just got a rx for methotrexate today so hoping that helps some.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 96 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2332 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3540 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4804 views