Recent Posts

Thicklin
on 5/31/12 10:29 pm - TN
VSG on 04/23/12
Topic: RE: Sharing and telling my story...It was time!

Thanks for sharing a little bit of your life with us..I shared it with my mom and she loves it. She also passed it along to my cousin who's thinking about having the surgery as well. You are truly a great to us all inspiration!

Thicklin
on 5/31/12 10:23 pm - TN
VSG on 04/23/12
Topic: RE: HOLD MY FEET TO THE FIRE! ACCOUNTABILITY - THE MID WEEK AGENDA
Hello its lil ole me...

I couldn't find a balance this week at all. I set a goal to eat more protein and I haven't reached it yet. I would like to eat 70 grams a day. I'm in between 50 to 60 grams a day and some days more than less. I told my NUT and she said I'm still a little over a month out and I might be pushing myself to hard.

The up side to everything I'm down 3 pounds this week, and I've been kicking butt with my power walk/ jog :)

dstgirl2000
on 5/31/12 8:42 pm
Thanks Phyll.........We have to represent for '58!!....

dstgirl2000
on 5/31/12 8:40 pm
Topic: RE: 11 Months post op with pics
First off the bat........CONGRATULATIONS!!......There's no substitute for knowledge and a great education.  You are to be commended.  Don't downplay that 81 lbs in 11 months......That's a great victory.  Credit yourself for getting that done while rocking honors in school.

I know what you mean though when you feel that you haven't reached your set goal.  As usual, we know why we have not when we vent and post already.  You told us part of the reason........"I have poor eating habits, I don't exercise much lately"
........Change that!!  You know what you had to do in the beginning to get the first 80 lbs off.  Switch it up with your exercise, try early morning workouts and interval exercises that brings your heart rate up for a few minutes and then slow it down.  Switch up your eating routine too.  Cut your portions and maybe eat smaller meals more often.

Best wishes,

JJ

MSW will not settle
on 5/31/12 3:24 pm, edited 5/31/12 10:51 pm
Topic: RE: 11 Months post op with pics
You look fantastic!  Congratulations.  Treasure your successs.  Over 80 hard won pounds is no small blessing. 

We go into this believing that we will drop at least 100 lbs in the first year.  Few talk about loosing less because the bragging is always about the big numbers.   Like you, It takes many of us longer to hit that 100 lb mark or to make our goal. 

Give up the sweets.  Cut back on the starchy carbs.  Limit the simple carbs like sugars in fruits.  Ramp up the cardio.  Even if your metabolism is slow you can loose the rest. 

Keep pushing for the 100 lbs or whatever you desire.  Don't worry about comments of others.  Most of us are so accustomed to overweight people that a normal bmi seems "skinny".  Go with how you feel about yourself and your body.  Most of all, enjoy!   

ETA:  HAPPY GRADUATION!    Another hard won victory.  Further proof that you can do anything you set out to do.  

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

MSW will not settle
on 5/31/12 2:47 pm
Topic: RE: WHAT KIND OF MEN ARE YOU ATTRACTING?
He helped to keep my @$$ rocking the eliptical and running 10k.  A man lifting heavy weights, burning up the treadmill, and built like granite sneaks peaks at me in the gym while I'm exercising.  I know exactly why he came into my life.  Motivation for me to keep on working it.       Yes I am vain and he is positive reinforcement. 
MSW will not settle
on 5/31/12 2:35 pm
Topic: RE: WHAT KIND OF MEN ARE YOU ATTRACTING?
Its all to be taken tongue in cheek.  The smileys    indicate my dry wit.  Dating the older chick is the "in thing" at the moment and this amuses me.  (Admittedly, amusing me is not difficult as demonstrated by the jokes I post.)  I'm guessing the "***** cat" picture did not connect either.    

My random musings about younger men are just that.  Musings as opposed to a cry for help finding my woman within who, with enough psychobabble, can become truly worthy of a good man.  When I'm ready to saddle a man there will be a riding crop involved not emotional baggage .  

But seriously folks, spiritual & emotional attributes did not enter my mind.  Why not?  Well it is not because I am shallow and immature (although I may be).  He is a very attractive BMW (as in Black Man Working).  However, I'm simply not attracted to him.  There needs to be a "spark" for a man to be anything more than a physical package with a mental dossier attached.  In the couple years we've been acquainted I'm pretty certain he is a good man.  Were he closer to my preferred age group, I still think we would not click.  DAMN, if only it could be all about the physical! 

Phyll H
on 5/31/12 12:51 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
Topic: RE: I've been approved!!!

VSG  8-4-08  -5'5
HW   310
SW   216
CW   172
LW    160
GW   170  
GW    170- 175

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion

Phyll H
on 5/31/12 12:33 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
Topic: RE: BAF-FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/116500375076828/

VSG  8-4-08  -5'5
HW   310
SW   216
CW   172
LW    160
GW   170  
GW    170- 175

Phyll H
on 5/31/12 12:32 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with

VSG  8-4-08  -5'5
HW   310
SW   216
CW   172
LW    160
GW   170  
GW    170- 175

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 218 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1155 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2076 views