Please tell about your changes? (see questions)

Lucky2talk2
on 12/9/11 11:49 pm - Renton, WA
What is the most exciting or meaningful change for you since losing some or all of your weight ? What is the first thing you were able to regain back being able to do for yourself after losing some of your weight?

For me, after losing some of my weight I was able to wipe myself again, this was so important since I did not always have someone to help me with this. It was humiliating.

One of the most exciting first changes... Dang there are SO MANY!! In the beginning being able to breathe and get out of bed to walk to the livingroom or bathroom with my walker.... Not to have to have my powerchair to go even 5ft. Now at 330 lbs lost I am soooo excited to be able to walk with a cane and now rarely having to use my walker to go places outside of my house. I am slow sometimes, but I am doing this. I walk on the treadmill hanging on to the rails and am coming along!!

Guess I could write a book on my so gratefullness's to have regained back though! THESE ARE GAINS I WILL TAKE WITH 100% EXCITEMENT!!

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

BiscuitNYC
on 12/10/11 9:10 am - NYC, NY
DS on 01/23/13
 Fantastic!  Well done!
I started over 500 lbs, and am only a few months out, so I've still got a ways to go to see real meaningful changes.  Well, a small milestone is walking from my doctor's waiting area to the exam room without gasping for air.  Still using a walker, but it's better by the day.
You're an inspiration with such a huge amount lost.  
Wishing you continued success!
Lucky2talk2
on 12/10/11 6:51 pm - Renton, WA
Thank you! You to have come along way in a short time!! This journey is amazing....scary....wonderful....hard......exciting.....ect!!
Breathing is wonderful and such a necessary thing in our lives.....and to get good breaths just going even mere distances are so worth ths journey. Knowing it will get better and better! You must be wanting to skip and click your heals up in the air in amazement with each new revealed thing you are able to do again!
(ok, so maybe not click your heals in the air, well unless laying down...lol.... Improvising is always good)!!

Thank you for sharing. And did the doctors chairs feel a bit more comfortable? A bit more of a better "fit"?

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Brenda C.
on 12/19/11 1:32 pm
You may laugh, but every Non Scale Victory that happens, without my expecting it, that is what makes me squeal like the nobody's business.

The first time I bent over, without opening the shower door, to pick up the soap, and I realized, "HUH? I FIT????"  Made me feel amazing.  I have a teeny weeny 3/4 shower, with accordion door - visual, anyone?!

Another time, I reached down without thinking, to release the parking brake in my truck (someone else had driven it & used the parking brake).  "HUH?!"  I didn't have to open the door to reach between my legs -- woot woot!

Putting on my most favorite swimsuit I was DYING to fit into, only to be depressed that it was TOO BIG, another moment of mixed feeling that actually ended up making me happy.  Sadly, I still TRIED wearing that suit to swim in... Hair ties twisted around the straps weren't enough, I gave up after a half hour & headed to the showers...

Recently I went to Leavenworth, WA for a night away with my Sweetie.  We stopped at a Fast Food restaurant (no, I did not have anything to eat), and waited for him at a table.  Upon retrieving his meal, he lets out this cute, "OH MY!  Look at you, sitting in the booth with all that room!"  I blushed, and thanked him.  Before I sat down, I actually worried about shoe horning in, but had a good 3 inches between the table & my belly.

Not just numbers on a scale or in my clothing, the Non Scale Victories have been what keeps me chugging along!  I sat in my OWN seat on an Island Hopper just 2 months after surgery, that was a fabulous moment - with many more to come...

Stay Positive!!!
Brenda : )~
Most Active