ITCHYYY!

Tami F.
on 3/16/12 6:34 am - Key West, FL
RNY on 03/06/12
Man! My scars are healing and I expect some itching but this is like ridiculous itching! It almost feels like an allergic reaction. I've been using neosporin and then hydro-cortisone cream around them which sometimes gives relief. Anyone else dealt with this? 

~tami
 ~tami  

theshrinkingmimi
on 3/16/12 11:25 am
Yep. It got pretty intense before it stopped. I just sucked it up.....while complaining. 
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Lucky2talk2
on 3/16/12 3:09 pm - Renton, WA
Have you tried Benadryl? May help?!

Hugs, hang in there....
Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Miss_Kitty
on 3/16/12 4:04 pm - New Bedford, MA
Itchy....that's another thing about the panni removal. It's kind of weird actually. Even after you'v completely healed, you will occasionaly feel itchy near your incisions. The weird part is you can feel your skin with your hands, but you won't really feel your hands on your lower tummy. (if that makes any sence.) I will feel an itch and I will go to scratch it, but the itch feels like it is inside, rather than on the skin, and my lower tummy won't really feel my hands. It's weird and annoying. If I've confused you at all, just slap me, LOL!!!  My sister never had a panni removal, but she has had a couple of C-sections, and she feels the same way about an anoying itch you just can't scratch.

Does anyone else feel this too? 

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Tami F.
on 3/16/12 11:10 pm - Key West, FL
RNY on 03/06/12
I've had two c-sections so I totally understand about the "numb" lower belly, for me its from my belly button down. It didn't happen though until my 2nd c-section. That is a weird itch isnt it!

I wish my new scars were below my belly button so I wouldn't have to deal with the intense itchy moments... lol I swear, I don't remember my c section scars itching this bad.

Haven't tried benedryl yet but would have to use the cream. If I took a pill I would be out like a light the rest of the day.

~tami  

Queue_T
on 3/18/12 2:14 pm - CO
RNY on 02/28/12
 They make it in a gel type , benadryl , and it was the only thing that helped me so far. Mine are very itchy too! 
 My journey begins 2/28/12 ! HW 300+, SW 291

Most Active