I'm sleeved!

ChristiS1985
on 4/7/12 6:25 am - TN
 So I am home and sleeved! My surgery went great but there were some complications afterwards and I ended up staying 4 nights and five days in the hospital! It was horrible. I know in the end it will all pay off and each day gets a little better but I'm still feeling a td bit crappy. I'm really sore and I also got my monthly gift today! Which is just awesome (major sarcasm). I'm having a really hard getting my liquids in. I'm supposed to have atleast 40 oz and I'm only being able to get about 25-30 oz's. I'm scared to death I'm gonna get dehydrated and have to go back in the hospital. I have managed to get about 6 oz of a protein shake and about 2 oz of soup/pudding or yogurt at meal times.. I'm not hungry st all though. My tummy has a weird feeling to it...almost like a burning. Any suggestions on how I can get my liquids in? I'm sipping as much as I can 
Elaine2
on 4/7/12 7:20 am - Atlanta, GA
Congrats on the surgery and sorry you had a rough time of it. You'll feel better at home and each day you will improve.

Focus on the liquids. Sip a shot glass of water every 15 mins.-----over 10 hours you'll have 40 oz.  IMHO, don't worry too much about protein numbers right now (although your protein shake probably counts toward your fluid total). Sip, sip, sip all day long!!!!

Lucky2talk2
on 4/7/12 7:22 am - Renton, WA
This is awesome and thank you for the update!! Sound like the start was rough but it gets better and will be easier. You just keeping sipping and eventually you will be able to get it all in! It is always hard at first to get it all in. Hang in there!

Hugs and much tenderness and love your way,
Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

theshrinkingmimi
on 4/7/12 8:04 am
You got dehydrated in the hospital? I didn't know that was possible. 

I'm glad that you are better.  Keep shooting for 40 ounces, but I started out at 20 without complications. So, hopefully you will be fine until you build back up. I also tried to make sure that whatever I ate was as wet as possible once I went from liquid to soft foods.  For instance, I ended each meal with a little watermelon. 

Keep sipping.

This too shall pass. 
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
LaToya S.
on 4/7/12 12:22 pm - Edwardsville, IL
As time goes on it will get better just sip sip sip as much as you can. And congratulations!

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

Christine_TX
on 4/10/12 10:50 am - TX
VSG on 05/23/12
I didn't have any tips, just wanted to say I'm glad your out of the hospital and I hope you continue feeling better!
ChristiS1985
on 4/11/12 12:11 am - TN

I know this is late but I just wanted to say thank you for all the replies, advice, and tips. I appreciate more than you guys know. :)

Most Active