Proud of myself

1crazy_cat_lady
on 9/28/12 11:19 am - Winnipeg, Canada
So this is TOTALLY the forum that will understand....

My mobility is good for all intents and purposes.  If I walk "long" distances my lower back muscles seize up and I want to cry but I am *able* to walk and I am very grateful for that.  Since getting my fitbit in April of this year, I have progressed from 2500 steps per day to 3000-3500 steps.

I am in Edmonton ****il the morning!) to meet with the bariatric program here and in the last 5 days I have walked over 32000 steps and climbed 17 flights of stairs!!  "Laziest day" was over 5000 and best day was almost 8000 steps. 

I was able to walk the kilometer to the hospital (0.6 miles) and then walk back again.  I have always been afraid of failing too much to try and push myself.  I am feeling really good for pushing and hope that I keep up the good work when I'm back home.
theshrinkingmimi
on 9/28/12 12:39 pm
I understand how precious mobility is. At my heaviest, I had problems with my back, feet, and hips. There were a couple of morningsthat  I couldn't stand. When my feet hurt from riding a stationary bike (yeah, still can't explain that one), I knew it was the final straw. I had surgery about 2 months later. 

I am so happy for your new found mobility. For me it was truly the best NSV.

Now time to use that mobility to dance!
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
sleevegirl
on 9/29/12 2:05 am - Austin, TX
Awesome, just keep working your way slowly up... you got this!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Phatchick
on 9/30/12 1:42 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
 Hi Kristin,

iBRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woman, I am so happy for your amazing mobility.

I love that you have found this strength inside of yourself. I am always so happy to discover something new inside me that has been lurking, just waiting  to come out.  With this, more will come.  You are on a beautiful journey and I feel so priviledged to be a part of it. 

Blessings!

Sharon

Karine
on 10/1/12 2:12 am, edited 10/1/12 2:14 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
First of all, congratulations to you! This is great! You can do whatever you put your mind to!

I want to tell you a story. It took me a long time to respond to your post cause of when you say: I have always been afraid of failing too much to try and push myself.

It got me thinking about something that might make you think as well.

My trainer at the gym once told me that his weight objective for me was that I reach failure. Oh my, I stopped liking him, trusting him. And now, I see why. It is because I never go outside my comfort zone, too afraid of failing.

But he was right, I can now see it. He wants me to reach failure to push myself. than once failure is reached, we can work at my maximum and improve. But how can you improve if you never reach the failure point.

I always saw failure as the worst thing ever in my life. Your message, and also some stuff that happenned this week with my older son (cried because I pushed him to failure) and my explaining to him what I should explain to myself: failure is not a bad thing, failure is a boundary that needs to be overcome. We just have to put more work into it.

Keep the great work, don't be afraid of failure anymore, I know I am done with my fears, I will overcome them all, no matter how long it takes me!

Karine.

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

Most Active