Checking in

LaToya S.
on 1/1/13 8:25 am - Edwardsville, IL
Happy New Year everyone!
I have realized that I have not been on this site in quite some time and just wanted to check in. I am struggling and have been since July (when I had my gallbladder removed).

How is everyone doing? Would love to hear some success stories!

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

4mygirls
on 1/1/13 1:53 pm - Canada
Hi there. Happy New Year!

I haven't been on here for probably a year or more - because I have been struggling, and ashamed.

I am determined to get back on track, and tomorrow I am starting the process.

I am sorry you have been struggling too. Maybe 2013 will be our year!
Phatchick
on 1/2/13 1:32 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Dont be ashamed. This is a journey and you can do this.

No maybe......2013 will be our year.

Hugs,

Sharon

Phatchick
on 1/2/13 1:30 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

HI Latoya,

I too have been struggling since July. Sorry for the upcoming graphics........

I had a terrible bout with constipation from all the protein after WLS and had a gastro doctor tell me to lay off all the protein and eat more carbs. My body immediately went into shock and because I had developed an anal fissure that will not heal, I am having a difficult time . I up the protein and my stools get hard and I suffer. I lower the protein and can get relief but then I stop losing. This has been a real problem for me and I have tried everything all the docs have told me and nothing works. My gastro tells me the exact opposite of my bariatric surgeon and my bariatric surgeon tells me to up the fiber and use stool softeners but keep the protein high. It doesnt work for me.  

In spite of this I have lost 100 lbs in 7 months and hope to lose the rest by summer.

I think the trick is to never stop trying. I know I did not have 3/4 of my stomach cut out to let anything stop me from getting to goal.

Happy New Years!!!!!!

Sharon

4mygirls
on 1/2/13 11:48 am - Canada
Thanks for the encouragement Sharon!

Congrats on your weight loss, that is awesome. You are doing great, especially with all you are dealing with.

I started the Dr. Oz 3 day detox/cleanse. I have done okay - but I already cheated. I had about 6 nuts and two small pieces of butter chicken. Not happy about that, but way better than I have been doing.

I hope you all have a good week.

Heather
Most Active