time for TMI.

Rayah19
on 1/18/13 3:12 am - HI
RNY on 01/15/13

I am HOME and officially starting my third day post-op, YAY! the fact that the ride home was not at all smooth, my grandpa ripped out my IV when he tripped on the tubes so my hand is messed up, I can't sip more than 20 oz of liquid per day. I can't seem to take my pain meds and my comfy bed now feels like a bed of rocks. AFTER ALL THAT, I'm happy I'm home.

I need recommendations for Calcium Chews. my surgeon said I would be fine with the pills if I just cut them up into smaller pieces and now that I've tried, I definitely will not be able to take pills for awhile so I need to find some calcium chews for now.

and for the weak bellies, you should stop reading now. lol.

my last BM was monday morning. surgery was on Tuesday morning. I finally passed gas last night (woohooo!) and my BM right after that was darkish greenish blackish and really watery. normal? I can't find anything on google that tells me anything about BM's after surgery. :(

YAY! I'm officially a LOSER! :D

cstarr
on 1/18/13 5:31 am
RNY on 11/15/12
Congrats on starting your journey. The calcium is still giving me trouble. I just bought powder calcium that I hear you can mix into any drink but I haven't tried it yet. As for the BM issue, I haven't been "normal" since i had surgery. I suppose my body will make a new normal but it hasn't gotten there yet. I wish I could help you more, sorry.

cstarr

KittyKarin
on 1/18/13 6:36 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Hi Rayah!

So glad to hear you are home and everything went well with the surgery!  I haven't yet started taking the calcium yet but my friend who had RNY surgery about 4 years ago got me a gift bag with chewable vitamins and stuff.  In there are some Calcium Soft Chews from CVS. She said that's the kind she takes and has done well with them. I'll start them once I can eat.  My doctor told me not to resume my multi-vitamins or anything until my 2 week mark.

It took me a while to pass gas and have a BM also, it wasn't normal looking to me either.  I wouldn't worry about it, just mention it to your surgeon when you go for follow up but I'm sure that its fine.

Hope you get to feeling much better. :-)

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Phatchick
on 1/18/13 7:45 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Congrats on making it to the loser's side.

I agree with everyone else. I have not had a normal bowel movement since my surgery 7 months ago. I have to take stool softeners every day or I am in trouble. For me that has been the only downside to this surgery. Do not let your self go days without going. It creates bigger problems. 

I never had issues with pills so I cant help you with the recommendations for the chewables. 

Good luck, take care of yourself, get lots of rest and SIP.

Hugs,

Sharon

mickeymantle
on 1/18/13 2:37 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

its normal not to have a bm for up to a week, you whole system was empty plus pain med slow you whole system down

black bm is just blood left over from your surgery

you should try to get in some more fluids if you don't you will need to get iv fluids, if you get dizzy ,  call, your doctor  

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

sleevegirl
on 1/19/13 12:23 am - Austin, TX

Sip sip and sip. I used the Celebrate brand of chewable vitamins, they were the ones that didn't make me want to puke :)

Welcome to the other side!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Annyka
on 1/20/13 2:46 am - Pfafftown, NC

I prefer the Calcet Creamy Bites, feels like a bite of fudge candy, and takes care of most chocolate cravings.

Dixiebaby
on 1/28/13 8:25 am

15 days post op. diarrhea for first 8 days...finally got to soft serve now. Ate some cheese and retried beans yesterday and rewarded with rabbit pellets today. Not much in, not uncheck out, I guess.

Karine
on 1/29/13 5:37 am, edited 1/29/13 5:38 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12

7 months post op and still having diahrea

don't worry about this first stool!!!

WElcome to the losers bench

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

Most Active