Has anybody with High B.M.I. Made it to their goal weight after the 2 years mark. Need some...

Doris Cervenka
on 2/15/13 6:33 pm - Ganado, TX

Just wondering if anybody made it their goal weight after  their 2 years mark.  Because, Can,t seem to lose any more weight no matter how hard I try.  I been the same weight for the last seven  months. I been back and forth between 215 and 205.  I just can,t get under 200 pounds.  I should  not be complaining because, I have lost 190 pounds.  Down from 390 pounds.  But, It truly suck not to lose any more weight.  I went to nutrition class yesterday.  .  It was no help at all.  I feel like.  I know more about what happens.  That the Dietitian/ Teacher.  She  said.  That I  Should not drink protein shakes for a meal. .and Not drink with my meals.  That all she suggested.  I tried to tell her that the protein shakes  that  I drink in the morning.  They are the only thing that stop my hunger pains and keeps them under control. I been really good about not drink with my meals and She also said not to be eating soups. Since the effect of the surgery have worn off my hunger has come back worst than ever. She actually said, that I should train myself not to be hungry.  She really did not want to hear the truth.  I truely listerned to her .  No matter how crazy I think she is.and I am trying to train myself not to be hungry all the time. By tell myself that I am not hungry.  That It all in my head.  I just don,t know how to do it.  I still don,t take in that much food. I have been living on soups.   So ,  I hate to give them up. But, I will  do it.   Does any have any suggestions. Or Help or Just little hope for what feels like a  hopeless situation. I am try so hard not to regain any of the weight I  have  lost.   That I have  almost given up on losing any more weight.  My surgeon said, He want  to to get down 150 pounds for my two year anniversary. that in 3 and half months.   I never dreamed of getting there.  I was hoping to make it  to my goal 180 pounds.  I feel like is never going to happen. I am only 30  pounds away but, It still seems impossible.  I know that need to change the way.  I think about things.  But, Knowing what best and doing what best for you . That is not the easy road to take.  I am been coward.  When come check in on my weight on Mondays on the boards.   When stop losing.  I hated have to post it.  So i stopped.  and I just gave up hope of ever making it to my goal weight. How much do I need to lose to be happy with myself.  I lose 190 pounds But, I am still so disappointed in myself.

Doris Cervenka

Nathalie_Can
on 2/16/13 4:09 am

Here's my first question to you for now:  do you track your intake and I mean all?  I lost myself for a few months and went up 10lbs and couldn't understand why and one morning I said, "ok, obviously my routine as changed, I seem to be eating more, drinking less and not tracking anymore". Well low and behold that when I started to put everything again in myfitnesspal I saw I was eating between 1,400 and 1,800 depending on the day and realized that's why I was gaining.  

Not saying this is your case but lets start with babysteps and see what your answer is here, and if you do trCk...put down your calories, protein, fat, carb and sugar numbers here and we can work this out!

hope that's a start!

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Laura in Texas
on 2/16/13 8:55 am

If you are not measuring and tracking your food somewhere like myfitnesspal, I think you should try that. After seeing what you consume on average, cut back a little bit. I eat around 1700 calories a day when trying to maintain and cut back to around 1200 when trying to lose. We are all different, though. What works for one of us may not work for another.

Gina, who posts on the main forum, got to goal 9 years after her RNY. Here is a link to her story. She is amazing....

http://wlssuccess.com/2010/12/beating-regain-gina-getting-to-goal-9-years-later/

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Elaine2
on 2/16/13 10:14 am, edited 2/16/13 10:16 am - Atlanta, GA

I hate to see you say you're disappointed in yourself. You've done a fantastic job. And you can continue to lose! It's just such a long WL  journey for us!!

I've lost about 244 pounds but it took from 4/26/10 to 12/2012. Lost 140 in year 1; 70 in year 2; and 34 from May - Dec 2012 when I made my goal. That last 34 pounds were hell to lose and I haven't lost anything since then---and really haven't increased my calories at all. Still want to see if I can take it a little lower--but I'm carrying LOTS of skin and retain about 8 pounds of fluids unless I take meds (which I do sometimes). So I'm not sure it will happen.

I really didn't dramatically change anything---same amount of calories/carbs/protein/fluids and same amount of exercise. I just changed things up a little. Let me suggest trying this---track every morsel; track all your fluids---are you meeting the stats you need? That's basic stuff. Then, I'm not a real soup fan (never have been) but I also don't find them very filling plus lots of sodium in many of them. If you're doing soup more than 1x per day, why not try replacing 1 serving with a denser protein. I moved my highest calorie meal (dinner) to mid day instead and had less calories in the evening. Same total amount just shifted around. Did the same with exercise---instead of doing an AM workout for 90 minutes, I split it to 60 mins in the AM and 30 PM.

That's what I mean by changing things up without really changing a successful formula that had been working. But I think I was in a rut.

PS-----I don't think I have ever missed my AM protein shake. Starts my day...makes me feel good...keeps my GERD calm and keeps me full until noon. Wouldn't think of changing it! I'm with you there.

Don't feel hopeless...feel re-energized to make it to your goal....without setting a time limit. You're so successful...continue that success.

mickeymantle
on 2/16/13 2:15 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

don't know which surgery you had but if you had the rny or ds you have lost the malabusobtion and will have to watch what you eat more carefully now

If you are eating less cal. than you burn you have to lose weight

get back to solid proteins , cut the carbs and fats down

and get moving in the gym

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Phatchick
on 2/16/13 9:24 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Doris,

You have done an amazing job. You have ran an amazing race, now you just need to tweak it. This journey is tumultuous, but worth the continued fight to the finish line.

I believe as we get further away from the surgery date, we become more lax. It probably happens because we get bored with the same-old same old. That is what has happened to me. Before I know it, I add piece of toast in the middle of the day and grab a handful of nuts late in the evening to snack on, a bowl of cereal because I havent planned and have no protein snacks....the list is endless. 

I was having the same problem as you are, I could not get the scale to budge. I wanted to kill myself (not really) but I was exercising like a demon and felt like my diet was stellar. Then I got my fitbit and started journaling all my food. I realized quickly that my diet was great compared to the Old days but it wasnt stellar. I tweaked it and started losing again. 

The trick to losing is plan plan plan and journal NO MATTER WHAT.

You can do this, I recall reading your posts when I started my journey and you were one of the people I admired so much. I still do. You are a super-star and you can do this. 

Hugs,

Sharon

LaToya S.
on 2/17/13 11:04 am - Edwardsville, IL
I am interested in this question as well, what surgery did you have?

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

smole
on 2/17/13 2:57 pm
Kathleen W.
on 2/19/13 11:13 am - Lancaster, PA

My bmi was 66. I started the process 3/09 at 327(and am 5'0 1/2") and had surgery 9/09 and weighed 287.  It took me 2 years from my surgery date to lose 185 lbs (9/11)  it took another year to lose the last 15 lbs for a total of 200 lbs.  There are a couple of things that I would suggest.  This works for me and might help.  Weigh, measure, and write down EVERYTHING you eat.  Make sure you get your protein, vitamins, and fluids in.  Excercise.  Go somewhere for weekly support such as OA, Weigh****chers, etc. The fact that you've kept 190 lbs off is an awesome thing and you should be proud of yourself.  50 lbs is so doable.  You can so do it.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Doris Cervenka
on 2/20/13 4:24 am - Ganado, TX

Thanks for all the Help and Support.  I had Gastric-By Pass.

Doris Cervenka

Most Active