6-Months Post-Op VSG, 130lbs Lost (X-Post)

LessOfSarah
on 6/6/13 7:40 am - Burlington, Canada
VSG on 11/30/12

Hey all,

I am still lurking about OH but don't have time to post, but I thought I would pop by and post a 6-month update, because I know how much those updates motivated me, especially pre-op.

I had my VSG on November 30th with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali, Mexico. Surgery day I weighed 420lbs, down from my highest weight of 460 at the end of September, 2012 (I'm 5'10"). Starting BMI was 66, now down to 41.6. Still have 80-90lbs more to go to goal, but I can do it!

I've now lost 130lbs (in 6 months) since surgery and 170lbs from my highest weight (in 8 months). I know that there are people who will tell you that if you have a large amount of weight to lose, VSG is not for you. I think they are wrong, and there are lots of other people out there who have proved it.

The moral of this story is that if I can do it, so can you ;)

I do have a YouTube channel and frequently make videos documenting my journey, if you're interested in learning more :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/LessofSarah

Thanks OHers, couldn't have done it without ya!

Interested in my journey? Visit my blog at http://lessofsarah.wordpress.com
pixkanaka
on 6/6/13 8:45 am
Congratulations! That's an awesome loss.
Kathy-cny
on 6/6/13 11:19 pm - NY
VSG on 06/25/13

What an inspiration! You look wonderful...and love the hair hi lights.....I haven't had surgery yet, am scheduled for July 9th....I started my journey at 394 and am now at 376.... I am trying to estimate how much I will lose when I go to an out of state family event in September and see family members I haven't seen in a year....I am going to check out your blog and follow your progress...thanks for the pics, they truly are inspirational and are keeping me encouraged.....

Kathy     HW-393/Surgery weight-368/ weight post op 374 /current weight 292.5

Phatchick
on 6/8/13 10:25 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Congrats! You look gorgeous. Sharon

TynettaM
on 6/14/13 4:45 am - Greensboro, NC

you look awesome.....

Most Active