Today is a Great Day!!!

paflyersgal
on 4/28/15 6:49 am
VSG on 10/06/15

Today 4/28/15, I had an appointment with my nurse to talk about my blood work and my upper GI x-rays. She was very pleased with all my findings. I was expecting to go in there and be told everything was high and that I need to do this and do that.. but in fact it was just the opposite!! She said everything was fairly normal and that her only concern was my Vitamin D levels were low. But the VERY best part of the visit was my weigh in!! YES.. I was excited about it. Normally I would hang my head when they said lets weigh in.. but I felt confidant that I at least lost about 3 lbs. I was mistaken!! I lost 15 lbs!! That's 15 lbs since my last appointment which was on 4/8/15! Everyone in the office was so happy and proud of me they were cheering me on and it made me feel so good. I know my doctor wanted me to lose at least 20 lbs before my WLS, and here only 1 month in and I am already down a total of 17 lbs! I know I can do this!! This has been a huge change in my lifestyle but nothing gives you such great hope and satisfaction as seeing a drop in the scale! I know that my weight loss may slow down now, the nurse told me most people lose the most weight the first 30 days, so I wont be sad.. but still rejoice at any loss!! Only 5 more months before GO TIME!! I know I can do this.. it is worth every minute and every struggle!!

Karen

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/28/15 8:39 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Bravo!  Congratulations on exceeding your expectations.  It's not uncommon for obese people to have low Vitamin D levels.  You'll take supplements after surgery to keep in normal range.  In fact, you can start taking it now.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

paflyersgal
on 4/28/15 9:24 am
VSG on 10/06/15

Thanks!! Yes they actually called in a RX for the vitamin D. However; she didn't seem too concerned about it.

Karen

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/28/15 8:34 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

The prescription D is basically worthless because it's D2. Do yourself a favor-- get some D3 instead.  It's what your body naturally produces and is much better utilized.  Look it up -- the only reason d2 is prescribed is so drug companies can make money -- it's inferior. 

Congrats on your loss so far. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

paflyersgal
on 4/29/15 12:19 am
VSG on 10/06/15

Thanks for the advice! I will look it to it for sure! 

Karen

anewbodforme2015
on 4/28/15 1:32 pm - Canada

Congrats.. way to go!! I too found out I have vitamin D difficency and take supplements

paflyersgal
on 4/29/15 12:21 am
VSG on 10/06/15

Thanks so much! I am hearing that it's pretty common. They seem to concerned about it at the office either. I'm not a doctor so I have no clue what's good for me and what's not. I take all the advice I can get ! 

Karen

MeltingMindyLoo
on 4/29/15 9:38 pm - Sudbury, ON, Canada
RNY on 07/21/15

Congratulations on your progress and success!  Your hard work is already paying off.

37yo, 5'8". HW: 396lbs, CW: 276.6

paflyersgal
on 4/30/15 12:59 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

Thanks so much!!!

Karen

Mary Gee
on 4/30/15 3:59 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Congratulations!!  Great work.  You CAN do this!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active