Now that I'm not so much of a newbie - questions

DarcyMad
on 3/28/11 1:25 am, edited 3/28/11 2:59 am - Cedar Park, TX
Well, I feel like somewhat less of a newbie. I can make my way around the kitchen and restaurants without ending up farting by the time I leave! LOL

My common channel is 125cm so there's not a whole lot I can't tolerate. What I can that's carb-y does give me gas but that's about the worst I've suffered really. I do have some questions though that I want to ask so I'm prepared. My 6 month labs are right around the corner.

1. I know ADEK, but beyond those, what vites or minerals do we typically get deficient in quickly? From what I read its probably calcium and then iron. Any others I should pay particular attention to?

2. Stricture or chicken?! There's nothing that has made me throw up as of yet but I get the slimeys when (typically) I eat chicken breast. It seems to get stuck and then I hover over the toilet spitting out all the saliva...blech. Even still when I drink, stuff gets "stuck" mid-chest and then it gurgles down. I'm not gulping liquids. I take a mouthful and swallow. A "normal" swallow and I have a small mouth. Still, at about 5 months out, I'd think I could swallow and eat more easily, although maybe its a blessing I can't! I'm just hoping that I don't have a slight stricture and I'm not sure if I should bother my surgeon about it since I'm not physically ill - just close. Any other meats that gave you all problems?

I think that's it for now! Thanks once again for your help and insight!

ETA: And what about hair-falling-outage?! Holy crap mine's going nuts all of a sudden. How long does it last? :o(
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 1:57 am
I STILL have trouble with chicken breast.  I do much better with dark meat that has some kind of sauce on it.  I can eat steak with no problem, but chicken breast, meh!

I think you should bother your sugeon now and not wait until this possibly becomes a big problem in case it is a stricture.

JMHO,
Michele
Blank Out
on 3/28/11 1:59 am
 Dry meat, such as chicken breast can do this to me too!  I eat boneless chicken thighs now!  So much yummier, and doesn't cause me any pain!  Go with the high fat cuts of meat.  And, always make sure they have some yummy sauce over them.  I make a balsamic reduction and dip lamb chops into it!  Yummy!!!  Lamb chops are very fatty!  I really cannot do chicken breast anymore.  Which is okay, because I never really liked them...

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

DarcyMad
on 3/28/11 3:01 am - Cedar Park, TX
I've always been a big baby about Lamb...cuz, well, its a little lamb!  LOL  I'm such a weenie!  But, go figure, I love gyro meat!  Hahaha....that usually is lamb or a blend of lamb and beef.

I've got to learn to experiment more.  Or become Greek...one of the two!
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

MarciRenee
on 3/28/11 3:54 am - IA

I think you are right about the Iron and Calcium - maybe add zinc and selenium to that list...as mine started trending downward...but I think it is totally an individual thing.

My hair loss was from months 4-8....pretty much.  Went crazy and lost a ton all of the sudden and then the crazy loss stopped all of the sudden.

Chicken breast was the DEVIL for me early out.  And STILL is if it is not INSANELY moist.  I'm talking cooked in the crock pot all day with moisture and eaten with a sauce on top.  Otherwise it's gonna hurt and not be worth it!  All my meat must be moist, period.  But especially chicken.  I don't think you have a stricture unless it is ALL foods that don't go down well.

Marci       
KellyJTn
on 3/28/11 11:14 pm - Oak Ridge, TN
The only time I have issues with meats are when they are too dry. Make sure you put some kind of sauce on it. It will go down easier. Also, make sure you're not taking bites too close together. I put my fork down between bites because if I eat too fast, I'll get that back of the throat feeling, and it is not comfy!

My hair started falling out around 4 mths, and I'm at 8 mths out now. It's just now starting to slow down. I've probably lost about 1/2 the hair on my head, though luckily, no bald spots or anything. It came out pretty evenly, it's just thinner now. Now I can get about 1 handful out a day, whereas before, I'd get about 4-5 handfuls out just during a shower!

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 671 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1001 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views