Consult with Dr Anthone!

lisarn
on 3/30/11 12:55 pm - Omaha, NE
Well I had my appt. with Anthone on Monday. I am so psyched to get this going now!
I have my psych consult next week, my nutrition appt the next week along with my pcp appt for lab work and to set up ultrasound and barium (yuck- not looking forward to that, lol). My six months diet chart is turned in along with 5 years of charts to show that I've been overweight. Heck, they coulda gone back 35 years for that!! lol
My dh went with me so I could make sure his questions were answered. Thanks to you all and my own extensive research, I pretty much could have given the consult. Glad to know that I am prepared for all that is in store. My hubby is pretty excited for me too.
I think what I liked most was the Nurse Practitioner examined my abdomen, and she said Dr Anthone would really like my belly. lol! I've had not abd surgeries (2 csections only), liver didn't feel too big either. Dr Anthone liked my belly too, he said it will be a great belly to operate on, not to firm either. I've never really liked my belly, but hey from a surgical standpoint, I can understand his fondness.
So....about 3 weeks to get all these other tests done, and then submit to insurance. I already know my insurance will cover the surgery, but we have to make sure that I have jumped through enough hoops and all the "i"'s are dotted and "t"s are crossed. I am hoping for May, the earlier the better, but I am figuring that it will be June. 
AAAAAA!!! I can't freaking believe that this getting closer to becoming real!!!!!!!
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/11 3:31 pm

Yay!  Sounds like you had a great consult!   Dr. Anthone and his staff are so nice!  I also am working on my pre-op tests.  I think you'll probably end up having surgery before me, I'm hoping for end of July.  Keep us posted on your progress!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 779 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1063 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 351 views