Off Off Off topic. No sale on my house.

Hvhmom
on 4/8/11 12:16 pm - raleigh, NC
Becky,  I really feel your pain.  My house is also on the market and I am DYING to rid myself of this house (hubby bought it on a whim as a wedding gift) & move on to my dream home.   I swear this house was a huge reason that I packed on 100 pounds....lol.    I am wishing you the VERY best in this journey and a speedy sale!

Dennia

HW 269/SW 263/CW 184/GW 135                        
beemerbeeper
on 4/8/11 12:30 pm - AL
Dennia,

Good luck with your sale as well.  I'm taking a KILLING, how about you?  The only thing I hold on to is that I can buy a house that I will be very happy with with what I get for my house.  I try not to think about how much $ I am losing.  So many people lost everything in this economy that if I can sell the house I will be very grateful.

~Becky

Hvhmom
on 4/8/11 1:34 pm - raleigh, NC
It's been tough.  My house is in the estate section of my sub-division..... soo it's priced higher than other houses in other enclaves.  We CAN"T price it at the same price as a smaller home and lot.  At this point, I don't care if we don't walk away with a dime but I would hate to have to bring money to the table....AAAAGH!  I'm thinking that there may be a price that I must pay indeed to start the life that i'm so eager to get to.   We've gotten a number of offers but most are rediculous and require too many concessions.   The bright side is that the selling & buying season is upon us so I will hope for the best.....for both of us.    I agree, many people lost everything these past couple of years.  Thankfully, we have not lost financially but I feel like i've lost time waiting to unload this house.
I'll keep you posted if you do the same!

Dennia

beemerbeeper
on 4/8/11 2:09 pm - AL
I hear you.  I'm in an easier position as my house is paid for.  So I won't have to bring money to the table.  Whatever I get for it is what I can put in the next house, tho, so I will be drastically downsizing. 

I haven't gotten a single offer.  But we've only been on the market for 2 months.  How long has yours been on the market?

~Becky

Hvhmom
on 4/8/11 10:21 pm - raleigh, NC
Becky,  your house fully paid for?  Good for you girl!  Your way ahead of the game.  You have the ability to utilize all sorts of arsenal to sell your home.    Your downsizing and I want to upsize.  Both can lead to a more comfortable lifestyle.
We've been on the market for nearly 3 months THIS time.  We had our house on the market  briefly last year (1month) before we took it off to remodel the kitchen and master bath.   We've had a brokers open house as well as one for the public.  We will do a price drop next month. 3-8 months on the market in this market is what we continue to hear so hang in there girl.  Things tend to really pick up in the summer months.
Make sure that your flyer box is filled, your listing is accurate on all of the property sites....realtor, movoto, trulia, etc., have your realtor do a virtual tour, and an open house.   If your realtor is unwilling to "work" and get creative to sell your house, get rid of him or her.   You could always sell it yourself and save yourself the commision fee.

Dennia

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 552 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 938 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 315 views