What is a Z-pack going to do to my guts?

Julie R.
on 4/8/11 10:28 am - Ludington, MI
 My DH dragged me over to our local ER tonight because I have such a terrible sore throat that I can barely swallow my own spit.   The doctor proclaimed my throat to be so "red and ugly" that he wasn't even going to bother to swab for strep, and just put me right on a Z-Pack.   Sent me home with some nice pain drugs too, LOL.

Anyway, I've only been on antibiotics once since my DS.   Is this stuff going to tear my guts up?  Will I be sharting my way down to a baby shower I'm supposed to go to this weekend?   

As an aside, it's always nice to hear a wow at almost five years out.   The doc's eyeing me appraisingly, deciding what dosage of crud-killer to put me on, and he says, "You're just a little thing...I mean, a good strong wind might blow you away....."
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Blank Out
on 4/8/11 10:36 am
 Feel better quick!  I would hate to take a Z pack if it is viral and tear my guts up for no reason!  Can you take some liquid NSAID of some kind and get a good night's sleep, and see how you feel in the am?  Gargle sal****er???

I hope this passes quickly!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Julie R.
on 4/8/11 10:49 am - Ludington, MI
 I took Alleve for two days, gargled with sal****er, tried Sudafed and Cepacol lozenges and no relief.   I couldn't sleep last night because my throat was so miserable, and finally resorted to taking a Tramadol.    I am a teacher in a very high risk school district and we have a hard time getting anyone to sub for us, so I knew if I called in sick, I'd be making other teachers' lives miserable.   Today was THE worst teaching day of my life!!!    
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

pycca
on 4/8/11 10:41 am - Haslet, TX
When I took it for my pneumonia,  it didn't mess with mine at all,, and the tummy
was kind of new then,,

I had a pack this year,, still no problems, ,,

Good luck.. feel better !!   

I wouldn't know what to say if I was little enough to get blown away ! LOL  Stay roped to something !!!

Debi

Samaro ..
on 4/8/11 11:04 am
I was on a Z-pack a few months back and it didn't bother my guts at all.  I bought a good probiotic to have on-hand just in case, but I didn't end up needing to repopulate at all.

Hope you feel better soon.

princesspopnfresh2
on 4/8/11 11:26 am
I had a zpack last month and was relieved to see that it did not affect me at all. Good luck.

Hw 348/sw 306/  
kitkat24
on 4/8/11 12:14 pm
ANTIBIOTICS CAUSE ME GREAT GREAT CONSTIPATION!!!!!!!!!!

OPPOSITE OF A NORMAL INTESTINAL TRACT PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH.

Body by God; alterations by Buchwald.  I love Jesus.  I so so so appreciate my DS.

gak
on 4/8/11 12:48 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
I have no trouble with them, other than sometimes they are not strong enough for whatever I am fighting. I think we all vary.

Feel better soon.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

J G.
on 4/8/11 4:48 pm
Florastor  should help.  Sorry your sick, hon.  Ahhhh... the joys of being a teacher.....
Rena H.
on 4/8/11 6:50 pm - Spokane, WA
i had it after surgery once... i was pretty early out tho... I just started up my probiotics after the course was over... I had runny poo for about 4 or 5 days... but not out of control just more watery and urgent in the am. It didn't really mess me up like i thought it would.

HW - 395 / SW - 358 / GW - 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views