OH MEMORIALS? HAVE YOU SEEN THEM??

zuzupetals2u2
on 4/12/11 3:04 pm - Sedona, AZ
I dont even remember where I found them - I guess after downloading the new Internet Explorer 9 today and losing my favorites and toolbar I had to find the forums on a search engine. I looked down the links and saw the memorials. I read them and they were a *****illing. There were about a dozen but then after perusing them all I saw another list and it was longer- maybe in the hundreds. I don't know if it was updated because all the dates of death appeared to be at least 5 years back. It then occurred to me why the vets here scream about compliance and have no patience with the intellectually challenged who come in here perhaps reminding those who have lost the WLS challenges . . anyway, I am glad I saw them. Most were RNYs I noticed but there were some DS's. I won't give details of why they didn't make it (so you will all be curious enought to go read them) but I did read the word malnutrition there a few times . . everyone coming here shoud see them as it makes an impact on you to see the long list . .

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Jennifer D.
on 4/12/11 3:11 pm, edited 4/12/11 3:19 pm
On the Ontario Board we have lost 3 wonderful ladies in the last year to the ravages of Cancer. Their deaths had nothing to do with WLS - only .2% do...
Edited to add that the other day when someone said something about medically inducing a fatal condition by having DS that got to me; it's a truth that has to be faced if you don't want to face the alternative...
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
zuzupetals2u2
on 4/12/11 3:50 pm - Sedona, AZ
yes that fatally induced condition phrase stayed with me also. I think these memorials were of those who did die as a result on their surgeries tho.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Frozen_Peach
on 4/13/11 2:14 am
The memorials are not only folks who died from WLS but also those who died of cancer, some waiting for surgery.....it's NOT all WLS deaths....read them all and you'll see .....

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

Fran-I Am
on 4/12/11 9:00 pm
Thank you for pointing this out. I went and started reading them. How sobering!! Looks as though there have been no entries since 2009.

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
goodkel
on 4/13/11 8:48 am
I sure did. I even made a spreadsheet of them at the time. I wanted to go into this with my eyes wide open.

But, as someone else mentioned, many, many deaths were not WLS-related at all. Cancer, car accident, hit by a car, heart attack, stroke. Even naturally thin people die all the time.

The saddest deaths to me were the people who died of their obesity before they could get surgery.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/11 9:23 am - Bayonne, NJ
Yep, knew about it years ago. I remember when Momma Angel died, the boards were a wreck. She was so supportive of everyone else and died of complications from obesity before she could have surgery. Broke our collective hearts. :(
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/11 8:07 pm
I can't for the life of me remember her name. I feel bad about that, but it was around 2001 or so and a lady from England had her RNY and was doing fantastic. Her posts were upbeat and talked about dancing for her husband for the first time. They were so in love and the surgery had set her free.

Her signature was always, "Dance like nobodys watching". She always made me smile.

She died of some unrelated cause and her husband posted to the board about her last night alive. She was dancing for him and had never been happier. She was so young.

She'll stay in my memory forever.

Dana
zuzupetals2u2
on 4/14/11 4:06 am - Sedona, AZ
that's a great story- it's almost like she lived for that night of dancing after her DS and then her life's purpose was over and she was gone . . .

Winnie the Pooh

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views