Pre-Op Tests are done TODAY!!

lisarn
on 4/15/11 12:45 am - Omaha, NE
I am so happy!! I have all of my pre-op testing done. 
Psych eval - passed (we are all always so shocked with this one! lol)
Nutritionist appt - done and actually informative and supportive she like the DS best of all wls.
EKG - done, heart is good
Labs - done, waiting on results, but not expecting anything out of normal except low hemoglobin
Chest Xray - all is clear
Gallbladder Ultrasound - Completed today! Structures all look normal
Barium Swallow - Completed today! Wasn't near as bad as expected...the Radiologist didn't know about the DS, but said it sounds good. It was my first time explaining it to a medical person besides my PCP, so I was able to use medical terminology and know that he would understand. He was also a previous patient of mine, so we hit it off. He let me look at the entire images after wards, and explained it all. Everything looks great!!

So...next week I should be able to set up a surgery date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG I can't believe it. I just hope I can get on the schedule sooner rather than later. There is one week in May that my hubby is out of town, other than that anytime!! I have my nephews out of town wedding in mid July that my daughter is in, so we have to be there for 2 nights. I want to be as far out from surgery as possible before the wedding.

Soon I'll be on the loser's bench with you all!!!
Lisa

HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

mhiggins
on 4/15/11 2:36 am
____Im scootchin down to make room on the loosers bench 4 ya!!!!
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/11 3:54 am
Way to go Speedracer, getting all of your testing done in a flurry!    Hope you get your surgery quick so you can be recovered for the wedding!  I'm so excited for you!
toshiagirl19
on 4/15/11 7:48 am - Morrow, GA
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see this Lisa. It's very motivating and hope to be on this journey very, very, very soon! Please keep us posted on your progress!

Best Wishes,
Toshia
nightowl
on 4/15/11 10:05 am - Topeka, KS

Ah, glorious day!  Congrats,
(I am happy today because I finally got my taxes done and mailed off, and it had been weighing on me.)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 789 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1068 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 352 views