collapsed last week

kay48
on 4/18/11 4:36 am - WORCESTER, XX
Last week i got up in the middle of the night and went to the loo. After washing my hands i collapsed and came round with a bump on my head . This has never happened before. I went to the Gp and he said my blood pressure was rather low and he wanted me to have blood taken to see if i was enimic (spelling). This morning i got a phone call from the surgery to say to go and pick up a prescription for folic acid 5mg once daily. I cant see that it is going to make much differance as i have to take 200mg of ferrous sulphate 3 times a day anyway.. Has anyone else had this problem???
Had DS 30th april 2006.
Surgeon= Mr Ameet Patel, Kings College Hospital, London. England.
Kathleen F.
on 4/18/11 4:41 am
You need folic acid to manufacture red blood cells. Low folic acid levels can cause anemia.
Blank Out
on 4/18/11 4:53 am
 That is indeed scary!  Keep us posted!  Be well!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Elizabeth N.
on 4/18/11 11:37 am - Burlington County, NJ
Your folate is low, so you need folic acid. Makes sense to me. Sure it will make a difference. I've been low in folate before, both postop and in earlier times when I would get iron deficiency issues from my female problems. Why do you think it wouldn't make much difference?
kay48
on 4/19/11 2:53 am - WORCESTER, XX
Well with already being on the ferrous sulphate 3 times a day i thought 5mg of folic acid wouldnt even show up. is it a differant sort of iron then???? xx
Had DS 30th april 2006.
Elizabeth N.
on 4/19/11 3:39 am - Burlington County, NJ

Folic acid is a B vitamin that is vital to the use of iron. And 5 mg is a LOT of folic acid. It is ordinarily measured in mcg.

kay48
on 4/20/11 7:30 pm - WORCESTER, XX
Thanks Elizabeth..xx
Had DS 30th april 2006.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 419 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 861 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 277 views