Contact Wearers

lisarn
on 4/19/11 6:26 am - Omaha, NE
I am wondering, for those that wore contacts prior to surgery...did your weight loss change your size of contacts?
I know that may sound crazy, but back 20 years ago, I wore contacts (they were soft contacts, but I am sure, not as pliable as the ones today), and when I got pregnant my eye dr. told me that I might have my contacts not fit as well because of water weight gain that occurs during pregnancy. And sure enough the last month or two I couldn't stand wearing my contacts because they bothered my eyse, and sure enough, soon after delivery, they were fine.
So it got me wondering...what about a significant weight loss? I'm wanting to get contacts and was going to do it soon (before surgery), but didn't want to order a years worth if they won't fit well in a few months.
Lisa
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 7:16 am
I haven't noticed any changes at all other than my prescription equaled out in both eyes....They are both -3.0...lol....But I doubt that is related to weight loss. :)
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 7:34 am - Saint Louis, MO
I just got fitted for contacts last week.. purposely didn't take my old prescription in, to compare results.. almost exactly the same but a smidge worse in one eye (which is expected b/c my vision is degrading after years of working on computers).  Definitely the same size, even after 130 pounds lost.
SweetnessandGrace
on 4/19/11 9:27 am - ID
On a different but maybe related note...I am almost two weeks out and have noticed a significant change in my eyesight.  I wear contacts and have for over 30 years.  Anyway, I also am an insulin-requiring diabetic who has not had to take insulin since surgery, and a change in diabetes can definitely change eyesight. 

HEAVEN IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GO TO MEET ALL THE DOGS YOU HAVE LOVED.

Mommy2006
on 4/19/11 10:19 am
Definitely interested in this.
I am about to grab some contacts and I haven't worn any since before surgery. Definitely don't want any problems.
Awterpop
on 4/19/11 11:54 am
No change in my contacts and I'm 9 months out
Cindy       
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 788 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1068 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 352 views