Checklists?

kahlana
on 4/22/11 9:39 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Does anyone know of a place (here or other sites) that has a checklist of appointments to make and things that should be done before surgery date?

My Blog My Facebook

meredith_123
on 4/22/11 9:49 am - Waterford, MI
I got one from my surgeon, but I'm sure the tests are different depending on where you go.  Have you already found a surgeon?  They should tell you what you need and help you with the scheduling. 
Mine included the initial Dr visit, at the visit they did blood work & and EKG.  They also required a pshyc visit, nutriitionist, execercise consultant, but these were done right at the weight loss center.  Then they sent me for a stress test. They didn't require me to so a sleep study, but many do. 
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
kahlana
on 4/22/11 11:36 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I am hoping to have Calvin Selwyn here in town. I meet with my pcp next week and will be letting her know about that as well as changing her mind on the lap band she suggested lol.

My Blog My Facebook

goodkel
on 4/22/11 10:13 am
That's entirely up to your surgeon and insurance and, of course, what they require will vary according to their different protocols and your medical history.

There is no standard checklist.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Helen C.
on 4/22/11 12:20 pm, edited 4/22/11 12:23 pm - Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Dr. Selwyns Coordinator Pat or Darla will schedule all of your appointments for you. The appointments you will have to have prior to surgery will depend on your insurance to an extent. If your insurance requires it (which I believe yours does) you will have to have 6 months of supervised diet visits with Dr. Selwyns nutritionist Christine. You also have to attend an informational seminar and one support group meeting prior to surgery. You will have to meet with Dr. Kaddatz the Psychiatrist and have your psych evaluation done. You will meet with Dr. Selwyn himself probably 2 times before surgery. You will meet with physical therapy before hand to evaluate your fitness level. You will also have to meet with your PCP within a month of your surgery to have them declare you clear for surgery. You will probably have to have a sleep study done to see if you have sleep apnea if you have not had one before. You will also have to have an endoscopy (scope down your throat) that Dr. Selwyn will do himself.

Also have Pat order your pre-op blood work early in case you are deficient in something you have time to get it up where it needs to. They didn't check mine until the week before my original surgery date and then we had to postpone my surgery by a month.

If you have any other questions about Dr. Selwyns protocol just ask and I will be glad to answer what I can.
kahlana
on 4/22/11 5:40 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Helen you are a true doll for helping me with all this info about the Doc and everything! I am going to buy you a coffee on the day I get my surgery date

My Blog My Facebook

kahlana
on 4/22/11 5:40 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
PS... can i just bring you along with me to every appointment?? lol :D

My Blog My Facebook

Helen C.
on 4/23/11 12:00 am - Wisconsin Rapids, WI
That would be kind of funny wouldn't it....Dr. Selwyn and his staff would think I was out recruiting people LOL....

manditude
on 4/22/11 12:24 pm
Yeah the checklists are very different per surgeon. Check my blog, I made a post about the requirements for the 3 surgeons I visited. You can see how wildly variable their requirements are.

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

kahlana
on 4/22/11 5:22 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Hey Mandi thanks I bookmarked your blog! Definitely reading it. Intereisting that we have the same theme on our blogs lol http://dacrinkly.wordpress.com/

My Blog My Facebook

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 695 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1011 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 340 views