Under stomach rashes....

scorpiolady1027
on 4/24/11 1:44 pm - MI
 Hello all I'm just shy of 4 months out and I' m just wondering if anyone else is dealing with this. I thought as I lost the weight I would stop getting the rashes under my stomach that stretch from one hip to the other . I keep the area clean. It seems as I lose more weight the more frequently they appear. Man!  These are annoying and painful !!! 
 HW=389 jan. 2010/SW=350/CW=279/GW=160

beemerbeeper
on 4/24/11 1:48 pm - AL
Make sure your pcp is documenting these.  They might buy you a panni removal.

~Becky

Kathleen F.
on 4/24/11 1:54 pm, edited 1/27/12 8:41 am

Also go see your PCP. Not only to document it, but it might be a yeast infection and if it is, you will need a prescription to clear it up.

Also, don't use any kind of powder on it that contains cornstarch. Yeast looooves cornstarch. [edited to remove personal information]

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 4/24/11 2:06 pm - Green Valley, AZ
A big thanks, Kathleen,    My surgeon TOLD me to use powder and I was using cornstarch type powder. I didn't know I was making it worse. I'm so happy you posted. I even have A&D in my bathroom. Don't even have to go buy it.     Mag   

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/24/11 2:10 pm - Tuvalu

And creams made for athlete's foot and jock itch--both also yeast/fungus infections--have the same ingredients as the creams made for skin rashes.
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 4/24/11 3:35 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Thanks so much.   Mag

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/24/11 2:13 pm - Tuvalu

But jock itch creams and athlete's foot stuff ALSO works, if what you've got is a fungus.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/24/11 1:59 pm - Tuvalu

What Becky said.  Take photos of this.  Print out a couple and take to your PCP.  Have him/her put it in your medical record.  Get an RX.  (It will most likely be something to kill off yeast infections.)  Do this every three months or so to prove that it is not being cured by the cream you get.  (Because it will treat it and then it will come back.) 

when you get ready, these ongoing yeast infections--called intertrigo, if it's what most of us get--will be part of your claim for an insurance-paid-for panniculectomy (the tummy tuck from the waist down.)

CAUTION:  Wanna see some REALLY bad cases?  Don't click on this if your answer was "no."
www.google.com/search

PS--Do NOT use corn starch for pain relief, the yeast considers corn starch a food.

Paula R.
on 4/24/11 2:37 pm, edited 4/24/11 2:42 pm - Portland, OR
Paula R.
on 4/24/11 3:14 pm - Portland, OR
Sorry about having to delete the previous post I made.  For some reason, my signature isnt showing and Im trying to fix it.

The absolute best powder Ive ever used for helping prevent rashes under my stomach overhang hands down is Johnson and Johnson's Medicated Baby Powder.  And I think Ive literally tried nearly everything as far as powders go because the rashes under there are totally painful.

Though like the others were saying...getting it documented through your PCP could definitely help with getting plastic surgery

My signature is in the witness protection program

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 308 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 774 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 258 views