Dr. Husted?

Lesa R.
on 4/25/11 4:08 am - Murfreesboro, TN
I need to have my yearly labs drawn and I don't know where Dr. Husted currently is...Anybody know?   I also need the list of labs...Yes, I should have a copy of that somewhere, but in the interest of time - Could somebody point me to the correct website??

Thanks!
Lesa
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 4:30 am - San Jose, CA
Nice.  Another post-op left high and dry by his many MANY moves.

He's in Phoenix.  For now.

Check paclap.com for a proper list of labs for DSers.
beemerbeeper
on 4/25/11 4:54 am - AL
You can get labs done without a surgeon.  I just take VitaLady's list and write my own labslip. I get copies sent to my pcp.

I wouldn't bother trying to find him every year if it were me.  Get the list from VitaLady and have the labs sent to your pcp.  Then get your own copies of the results and ask the lab experts here to advise you on tweaking.

~Becky

Dana T.
on 4/28/17 10:26 am - York, SC

We can write our own lab slip? How does that work? If your PCP is not familiar with tests ordered how do you get results interpreted?

What do you have checked yearly?

-Dana

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
-David Viscott

Grammo is my Angel!

~ Mar ~
on 4/25/11 7:54 am - San Antonio, TX

He still has his website which has a lab slip on it. It is for the Kentucky office though, not the Phoenix one (google, John Husted MD). I called him and got a lab slip faxed and his lab slip was exactly the same, except on different letterhead. I ended up making a list of the labs that I wanted to get (I think it was more in line to Rabkin's lab slip, which Kerry posted at one point). I gave it to my PCP and asked her to get those labs drawn.

You can contact Dr. Husted by searching for him in his Phoenix office, but my experience has been that if you want him to actually look at your labs you will have to sign up as a new patient and  pay for the over the phone consultation. He is not in network for my insurance, so I didn't even bother. Besides, as I said before, his lab slip is majorly lacking the needed labs and you can end up in big trouble that way. I know I had a few things at low/ low normal that I wouldn't have checked if I had followed his labs. Thank goodness for this forum and vitalady!

~Mar~

Elizabeth N.
on 4/25/11 8:57 am - Burlington County, NJ
You might want to use the Vitalady list of labs instead. She's more reliable in oh, so many ways.
100togo4me
on 5/6/11 7:00 am, edited 5/6/11 7:03 am
I don't know where he is. He disappeared off azwls.com. Oh wait, he is with Juarez and Fang now. Jumped ship already from Simon to Juarez...
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 307 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 773 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 257 views