Is it easy to find a protien shake with 20 grams per serving?

Amy_Kleve
on 4/26/11 10:55 am - Adrian, MN
I found a protien shake that has 20 grams of protien per serving.

I was wondering if it was easy for you all that drink protien shakes to find them that high in one serving.

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

MajorMom
on 4/26/11 10:59 am - VA
I use 2 protein powder brands that are about 24 grams per scoop. I think that's the norm with most whey protein isolate powders. My favorites are Syntrax Nectar and IDS MultiPro. You find the Syntrax Nectars locally at VitaminShoppe but I can order them both from www.vitalady.com when I order my vitamins. Vitalady also sells sample sizes of all her protein powders.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/26/11 12:27 pm - Tuvalu

I'm experimenting with an egg white protein powder right now and it is also 24 g per scoop. 
beth-28
on 4/26/11 1:22 pm
Ms. Cal Culator,

Will you share what brand it is, and how your experiements come out?

Thanks,

Beth
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/26/11 3:23 pm - Tuvalu

It's "Healthy 'N Fit," 12 ounce, $18.29, at Vitamin Shoppe.

•So far, none of the growling and gas I get with the whey products and I've had over two servings.

•My first try was for a warm coffee drink...I could hardly gag it down.

•Next was a cold iced coffee shake deal.  I kind of followed Lori's recipe.  I used ice, coffee, cream and some B52 sugar-free sweetener (I'm going to get caramel asap.)  It was great.

I may go back and get the chocolate, too.

So two beverages...a total of about 48 g of protein, no bloating and--so far--no gurgles...and way fewer carbs.  This could work.
MajorMom
on 4/26/11 6:54 pm - VA
I didn't know that. Thanks. I'm glad it's working well and you're not getting the problems you were with whey isolate.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 4/26/11 11:09 am - OKC, OK
I use chocolate Champion Stack. It has 23 gms in a scoop and I use 2 scoops in each shake or drink.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

P. Poster
on 4/26/11 11:18 am
 I won't even buy a protein shake that has less than 20g per serving.  I use Champion Pure Whey Stack and IDS brands.  All the flavors from those two are awesome and they both have about 23g per serving.  The Syntrax Nectars and the 4Ever Fit brands are really yummy too and have more than 20g protein per serving as well.
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 11:56 am
I buy my protein from Costco....its called Kaizen, it has 35 grams of protein per scoop (its a big scoop) and it tastes pretty good :-) So having three quick shakes or mixed with coffees a day gets me where I need to be if I eat NO protein during the day- which NEVER happens :-)
Amy_Kleve
on 4/26/11 1:33 pm - Adrian, MN
Thanks everyone for sharing ... LOTS of good info
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1167 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 431 views