6 days post-op

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 6:32 am
You're hurting more on your left side, because that's usually the side the doctor stands on, so he's pushing and pulling your tissues around from that side.  If you had your DS done Lap, I believe that's the side/inscision that the part of the stomach is removed.  Mine felt like my stitches were going to rip open and my guts were going to fall out.  I can remember that pain like it was yesterday.  Use pillows to support yourself, and hug onto one when you need to cough or sneeze.  Lots of people find sleeping in a recliner chair works better for them than a bed, so you may want to try that. 
Porcy1
on 4/28/11 7:52 am - Franklin, WI
Yes! that is exactly how it felt...I did have my DS lap so that makes a lot of sense too...thank u...
This evening I just feel yucky altogether...my guts are gurgling and I also got my lovely period today...yack.
I was trying to stop the pain meds, but why? right? they are there...might as well take them....just dont like how they make me feel...sorry guys...guess Im just crabby today
thanks for all your help, advice, and support! Love this board!

Elizabeth N.
on 4/28/11 7:54 am - Burlington County, NJ
Why stop the pain meds when you're still in pain? That's just silly. Poor pain management impedes recovery.
Porcy1
on 4/28/11 8:39 am - Franklin, WI
I know EN...you're right...it is just silly...I won't be able good to anyone if i don't just recover and take care of me...I took my meds...I need to worry about getting better...before i worry about anything else...

prettypixels
on 5/1/11 4:10 am
 How are you feeling?  I hope things are improving for you! 
Porcy1
on 5/1/11 11:07 am - Franklin, WI
Feeling much better, thank you. The pain has improved and now I think is mostly from menstrual cramps. I also have back pain now for a few days. My baby turned 1 today and we had a little party yesterday which was exausting but fun.  I couldn't help but take just a couple very small bites of the cheese off the pizza! I am supposed to do liquids another week, but am SO itching to eat SOMETHING! Of course I know I better watch it until I am healed, but did anyone eat any kind of real food other than blenderized soups and liquids in the first coule weeks? I was able to swallow small pills today, so I will be trying to get up to my full regimen soon. Also able to take "almost" regular swallows of water. Thanks for all the advice and nice thoughts!

Monkey_doodle
on 5/1/11 3:03 pm - NY
I wonder if the feeling you described was nerve endings freaking out?  My tummy still has a slight bit of tenderness (and my surgeon removes appendix and gal bladder).  I would say take it easy and try not to put pressure on your belly- I had a restriction of not picking up anything greater than 10 lbs.  I know having a baby makes that difficult but did you get any discharge papers or lecture about a restriction like that?  Follow it!  The tenderness gets better everyday and almost completely gone for me at just over a month out now.

DS surgery- 3-29-11
Porcy1
on 5/1/11 10:58 pm - Franklin, WI
yes i was told  no more than 10 pounds...im staying with my mom so she picks my baby up when needed...its hard not to though...i feel a lot better now...just sleeping issues with pain...hope its almost gone like you!! thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 683 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views