6 days post-op

Porcy1
on 4/27/11 1:32 pm - Franklin, WI
Hi there,
Just a short update...I am feeling better each day, but since I came home Monday night, I have had this burning, almost pulling type pain more on the left side of my abdomen. I figured this is right where my stomach is, so most likely normal, but then I remembered I had a nausea attack on the way home from the hospital. I had bad dry heaves which caused a great deal of stress and pain in that area...then I also stupidly tried to lay on my tummy that night and although I was comfy, I could not move any other way without hurting myself. Has anyone else had this pain? I just hope I didnt disrupt any healing or hurt myself worse...It has gotten better the last couple of days, but still hurts around the time the pain meds wear off. Any insight would be great. Thanks. I have been pretty good with my fluids and protein...need a bit more work with my vites right now, but feel pretty well considering...I miss food, but I'm not hungry. My mom is a wonderful cook, so she cooks her and her husband dinner and mmmmmm it smells SO GOOD! All in due time...

scoob
on 4/27/11 1:40 pm - Somerset, KY
Congrats!! I'm no doctor or a vet. Hell, I'm a baby, but IMO I'd say if it's getting better it's ok but if it persist or gets worse in ANY way, see a doctor immediately!! May be nothing, may be something, just stay aware of your body. Trust yourself to know what you need and if all else fails,call your surgeon, I did! We're here for you girl! Good luck and happy healing!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Porcy1
on 4/27/11 1:50 pm - Franklin, WI
Thanks Ruby! That does make a lot of sense...I will def do that.
and I really appreciate the support! Thanks again

J G.
on 4/27/11 2:35 pm
Porcy, howdy! Hope you will be improving real fast.  Sleep on your back.  Pile a bunch of pillows under your upper abdomen and head to simulate a wedge.  Or sleep in a recliner.  I know it's uncomfortable but it will only be for a week or so. Some pulling-type pain is normal, but still check in with your surgeon.
 Jenny
Fade2Pink
on 4/27/11 2:57 pm - Salt Lake City, UT
Welcome to the dark side, and glad your home.  Sorry to hear about the pain though.  It's uncomfortable moving and sleeping early on.  I agree with Ruby, if it doesn't improve or gets any worse, please consider calling your surgeon.  Keep sipping, keep resting, keep walking.  
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

lk1970
on 4/27/11 11:16 pm
Hope you feel better, take it easy.

Lisa

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

Elizabeth N.
on 4/27/11 11:55 pm - Burlington County, NJ
This description sounds like perfectly normal postop sensations to me. HOWEVER, calling your doctor about this is a MUCH better idea than taking feedback here.
Porcy1
on 4/28/11 12:34 am - Franklin, WI
Great! Thank u all! I am finding that I am able to move a little easier today...and yea...sleeping last night sucked! But I bunched up a bunch of pillows like suggested and it was better. I can tell it won't be too much longer until I can sleep more comfortably. I see my surgeon next week, but since it seems to get better each day, I will just see how it goes before I call. Thanks again for the input. I thought it was normal, but just wanted a bit of feedback, so u guys are awesome! on my way to loving my DS!

Elizabeth N.
on 4/28/11 1:22 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yeah, that sounds perfectly nornal. If you deviate from this path, though, call your surgeon sooner.
sia
on 4/28/11 2:34 am - NY
 Painkillers. Percoset does a body good.
We Are A Fever. We Are A Fever. We ain't born typical. ~ The Kills
If you have any g-ddamn sense and want WLS, think about the DS.www.dsfacts.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 374 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 826 views
Need help for my mom