A new kind of hangover

Julie R.
on 5/3/11 2:02 am - Ludington, MI
Back in my wild and carefree days, I'd go out, whoop it up, have a few too many drinks, and wake up with a hangover.  We've all been there, right?  

Nowadays, my drinking days are few....I get some weird blood sugar/headache thing that starts after just one drink, so I drink very very little now.    But now, I've discovered a new kind of hangover.    A fart hangover.   

Yesterday I was stupid enough to eat the following:

1 whole grain bun with a sandwich at a school inservice
PLUS a cookie
1 white flour bun with a chicken patty at dinner
PLUS about four lemon shortbread cookies
oh - almost forget - PLUS a few bites of a nasty danish that I threw away
I'm sure there's something I forgot - I was really on a roll.

A typical day for me usually consists of maybe ONE of the above choices and I manage pretty well with that.    But nooooo....I guess I got on a roll (no pun intended).

I farted all day.   I farted all night.   It is noon the next day and I'm STILL farting.   I am a stupid, stupid girl.    So, why am I telling you all of this?  Because we're not perfect.    Yes, if you're having chronic gas problems and your employer is about to fire you because of it, or your spouse wants to divorce your stinky butt, you need to reign in that carb consumption a bit, but even long-timers can sometimes misjudge their limits, and I am the poster child for that!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/11 2:34 am - Lancaster, OH
Whew!  My belly'd be aching from being so bloated!  But, I hear ya.  Sometimes a baked good will call to me and I'll enjoy it, but pay later.
Live and learn (or not)
Hope the farting stops soon.
(deactivated member)
on 5/3/11 2:48 am
Oiy, I hear ya.

I was driving back from camping and very tired. I nommed a choc cake donut and big huge coffee for that little extra boost after filing up the gas tank. Ow, ow *sounds of a duck being stepped on*, ow, ow *toot*

It's the pain the next day that kills me, I mean the residual cramping after all the air is gone.

Hugs,
Ratkity

2bee.or.not2bee
on 5/3/11 3:30 am
 You guys are so funny with your candid discussion of consequences! You have me scared straight (well for now anyway!). I am sure I will learn the hard way at some point. Thank you for all the info you all put out here! -CC 
Julie R.
on 5/3/11 8:49 am - Ludington, MI
 Yeah, don't mean to scare you like that, but it is a reality for some of us.    Some people claim to have no issues with carbs whatsoever.     Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones!   It gets to the point though, that we just develop a twisted sense of humor about the whole thing.    The best comment I ever received about my farts though, was from my future son-in-law.    He told my daughter, about my farts, "If evil had a smell........"

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/11 5:40 pm
Oh holy hell....

I used to be one of the lucky ones who could eat a reasonable amount of crap with impunity.  Now, if I REALLY overdid it, there were consequences, but it would have to be an epic binge.  Not so anymore.  I had my gallbladder out two weeks ago Friday. Monday night, after maybe half a cup of white rice in my dinner portion of a 'rice bowl' type meal (with tons of beef and cheese and peppers and sour cream, yum!), and I was DYING.  I was in so much pain for the entire night, it was incredible.  Horrible gas pains until 3 or 4 AM.  I have gotten more bloated and gassy and in pain from things I wouldn't have thought twice about before in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 2 years.  My iron DS is no more, foiled by a bum gallbladder.  Oh well, I'll probably lose at least 10 more pounds in the next month or two now, since I can't get away with eating much crap anymore.  Silver lining, at least?
Julie R.
on 5/3/11 3:30 am - Ludington, MI
Yeah, me too.     You'd think I'd have learned by now.    

Blank Out
on 5/3/11 3:50 am
Funny Julie!  A toot fest!  Does your belly hurt?  I myself am learning the boundaries.  All part of this incredible journey!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Julie R.
on 5/3/11 4:25 am - Ludington, MI
Nah - not this time.   That doesn't happen to me as much as it used to.   Sometimes I'll get butt-burny gas, but that's usually when I eat too many cookies.

carriemeaway
on 5/3/11 5:56 am - Spanaway, WA
I am sorry but the way you describe this gave me such the giggle. I like the stories like this, it's a helpful reminder. And you're right, we're not perfect. :) 

However, it is enticing to consider paying my husband back for years of running me out of the bed, room, house, car, etc. lol.
HW     -   SW    -    CW     -  GW
361  357  237 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views