Sick, and not feeling like eating a thing!

Elena22
on 5/2/11 11:57 pm
So today I'm not feeling well at all.  Part of it is my TOM, and the other is I think I've picked up some bug.  But I can't bring myself to eat ANYTHING. I tried a protein shake this morning, and nearly lost it.  I only got two sips in.  And I can't bring myself to try anything else.  Suggestions?
~ Elena.

Monkey_doodle
on 5/3/11 12:06 am - NY
You are a little further out than I am right now.  I got sick right around the second week post-op.  I resorted back to focusing on fluid intake.  Stuck to chicken broths, popsicles, did my best with protein shakes, crystal light, yogurt.  If you have a cold or anything with congestion, etc, you will need the extra fluids anyway.  Depending on how long its been that you can't eat- eventually consider seeing the doctor too!

DS surgery- 3-29-11
teachmid
on 5/3/11 12:18 am - OKC, OK
Fluids, fluids, fluids. Hope you get to feeling better.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

mylittleblackdress
on 5/3/11 12:57 am - FL
I would focus on fluids of you can't eat especially water with or without something like Crystal Light.  BTW--dehydration will make you feel like crap.  Are you sure you are getting enough to drink?
Lisa
manditude
on 5/3/11 1:59 am
Juice popsicles might be easier to do when you are sick. They really help me out when I don't feel like eating/drinking. Even just freezing up some lemonade might work. I hope you feel better soon Elena. 

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

Elizabeth N.
on 5/3/11 2:50 am - Burlington County, NJ
Relax. DSers get stomach bugs, too. Have clear liquids (no carby stuff though, or you'll likely regret it at the other end) for a day and see how you feel. You won't die of malnutrition if you don't eat for a day or two.
KimberlyHeidi
on 5/4/11 1:15 pm - VA
 Hope you feel better soon!
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/11 11:04 pm
I hope you're feeling better!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 842 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1095 views