Having a hard finding bras that fit right!!! HELP

worlfree
on 5/11/11 4:05 am - DivaTown, NC
Yesterday I went to Belk and JC Penney looking for bras, no  exaggeration I must have tried on 23 bras between both stores, I was wearing a 44DD and now I am between a 38-40C, depending on the bra.  My issue is the back fat that hangs over the bra, just past my underarms.  Playtex secrets has side smoothing, but those didnt work for me.  What I did notice is that the bands on the DD & D's are much wider, the C's were more narrow.  Any suggestions on where I can purchase a bra that will satisfy my issue..  thanks in advance for all responses..

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/11 4:29 am - San Jose, CA
I just gave in and got fitted for a bra at Macy's - I was having the same problem and a prior fitting at Nordstrom's was worthless.  Instead of a 36DD, I'm a 36G!  All the side boobage gets pushed into the cup, and while it is kinda uncomfortable because it has a wide band and goes up high under my arms, that's what it NEEDS to do.  This size looks SO much better than my old bras, which let the goozsh overflow.  Wacoal.
Janine P.
on 5/11/11 4:41 am - Long Island, NY
Hey Lady

Lane Bryant makes "Back Smoothing Bras"   They're really good for the back lard:

http://cacique.lanebryant.com/back-smoothing-bra/p25870/index.pro

Check them out.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

P. Poster
on 5/11/11 5:24 am
 Victoria's Secret has a "box of bras" in every size they sell, of every bra they sell.  You can just ask for a few different sizes (or have them measure you) and then try the various ones in the box to find what works.  I thought I was a 38-40C these days.  Nope, 36DD...  No wonder every time I tried to bra shop I got discouraged!  
Hendramy
on 5/11/11 5:24 am

Victoria's secret also has a nice bra that smooths the sides, has a little pushup, and the straps are not adjustable so they stay in place and don't slip.

Amy
HW 324/ SW 303/ CW 172/ GW130            
mhiggins
on 5/11/11 5:47 am
Try going to your local bra shop (like a mom and pop type place) and get a real fitting and they will hook you up
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

airbender
on 5/11/11 8:32 am
one of the best things i did was to get a professional bra fitting at a local bra store that fits post masetomy patients.  it is very unusal to get a bra in there that is less than 60.00
honeybadger 11
on 5/11/11 8:40 am - FL
I dont know if this works the same for DSer but when being fitted for a bra they measure you with your  current bra on. first measure around your back under you breast to the front. this is the # in you bra size. next measure around your back and across the fullest part of your breast (usually the nipple area). minus that number from the other. 2in difference equals a B, 3 a C, 4 a D and so on. Hope this made sense and as i said before because a Ds's body is different this may not work for everyone:)

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/11 8:02 pm
Go into Victoria's Secret during the week.  There's always someone there who can do a bra fitting, and it's not as busy as the weekends.  I went in, found the girl with the tape measure around her neck and told her that I desperately needed her help.  She was amazing!  I, embarrassingly, had no clue how a bra should fit, as I'd been wearing sports bras for years.  She measured me, put me into a fitting room, and started handing me bras in my new size.  I'm not bashful, so she had me open the door when I had one on so she could see which styles fit me the best.  Who needs a boob job, when you've got Victoria's Secret?
Jersey Girl
on 5/14/11 11:57 am
I just brought one of the wireless ones from Lane Bryant and I love it. 
A l y s i a  (pronounced like A l i c i a)
Total weight loss since HW of 475:

Pounds lost since band revision to DS            
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 323 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views