Surgery postponed

lisarn
on 5/20/11 11:49 am - Omaha, NE
My surgeon had to postpone my surgery from 5/25 to 5/31. I'm glad it's only 6 days. The only other date they had was 6/10, so I'm glad it's still in May. 
I was at the office today for my preop nurse visit, and overheard a phone call. Something with either the Dr or a family member. I totally understand emergencies come up, but it's still frustrating.
My hubby travels for work, and arranged his schedule to be home pretty much that week after surgery (now the week OF surgery). So now, unless I doing really bad he will have to be gone half a week about 2 or 3 days after I'm home. I do have teenagers (all but one drives and even she has a learners permit), who will be done with school by that time, but it's different having just my kids. I don't want them to freak out about stuff. One daughter has pretty much said she's not going to be around me. She about passed out when I was telling her how big the incision will be and that I will have a feeding tube.
Thanks for reading...I was getting all set for next Weds. now have to wait. (Oh AND, now that surgery is after Memorial Day weekend, guess who gets to be on call for work??? yeah, and now guess *****ally doesn't want to do that!!)
Lisa

HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

Band to DS
on 5/20/11 12:58 pm, edited 2/4/12 3:12 am

Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

elixir
on 5/20/11 2:12 pm - MI
Sorry to hear about the postponement, Lisa. That would drive me nuts.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 3:22 pm
Lisa, I'm so sorry that your surgery was postponed. I hope everything works out and that your teenagers will be able to help you if needed.
KimberlyHeidi
on 5/21/11 3:07 am - VA
 that stinks but I am glad they arent making you wait too much longer. The crappy part is all the planning etc.
scoob
on 5/22/11 8:24 pm - Somerset, KY
So sorry your surgery was rescheduled but like you said, atleast it's still in May! AND it's right around the corner! Soon you'll be walking and sipping to your hearts content! HUGS

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Jolly Rancher
on 5/22/11 8:56 pm
Sorry for the reschedule, but glad it's only a few days instead of weeks. I hope you are able to get your care arrangements changed easily.

Hugs.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
Gina_N.
on 5/22/11 10:02 pm
I have had the opposite thing happen to me, I was scheduled for July 7th and got a call Friday that I am moved up to June 7th.  I am in freak out mode, like you i have a lot of scheduling to do with 4 kids (one of which is one 8 months).  I had planned on trying protien shakes over the next month before they are forced on me and I still have to get my vitamins. I may loose 10 lbs in the next week before even starting the liquid diet because i'm sick to my stomach from being worried. Lol 
Victorious_one
on 5/22/11 10:52 pm - South Central, PA
Three teens equals the help of one husband.    You can totally do this.

You may want to get as much stuff together as you can before surgery, and delegate lists to folks (like cleaning, getting supplies, etc.).  You want to be as worry-free after surgery as possible.

You're gonna love your DS!

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 789 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1068 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 352 views