A weird thing going on-shoulder/chest pain after eating

jewel506
on 5/29/11 3:35 pm - Houston, TX

Referred pain is when the pain you FEEL is caused by something going on somewhere else in your body.  It's a nerve thing.

For example -
When I had my C-Sections, I was numb (waist down) from an epidural,  BUT I had horrible pain in my shoulder.  The doctor said it was from the incision for the C-Section!!

Hope that makes sense.  :-)

Julie

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” - Plato
Stormy 918 is my Angel         Angel to DarcyMad, MizCharlottekmg9122,  Staceeann dianeys73/Diane Davis
HW 258.5 /SW 250 /GW 140 /CW 125

P. Poster
on 5/30/11 12:13 am
 I've had this happen a few times since surgery.  For ME, it's from being overfull, as in, beyond Thanksgiving Day full.  It will come on shortly after eating, feels a bit like I've pulled the muscles in my left shoulder, will last several hours, then resolve on it's own.  It sucks, and is pretty obnoxious.  So, I just try to be extra mindful of my full signals and stop right away to avoid this.

That said- I would definitely mention it to your Dr :)
Julie R.
on 5/31/11 6:54 am - Ludington, MI
 I think it's definitely from pushing it too much in my quantity of food.     I tried cutting back on quantities over the weekend, and I've had no shoulder pain.    Like they say, they operate on your stomach, but not your brain......
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Blank Out
on 5/30/11 12:17 am
 This happens to me to after I eat sometimes.  I think for me, it's because I ate too much!  It always goes away as I digest.

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

KimberlyHeidi
on 5/30/11 11:42 am - VA
I have pain in other areas when I eat but just wanted to offer some support and hugs and hope you get to the bottom of it soon and feel better!
amccu18007
on 5/30/11 12:19 pm - Newark, DE
No advice Julie, but I hope that you feel better soon!
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

sarah141
on 6/1/11 2:45 am - Fort Bragg, CA
Julie,
It could be a rib out and when you eat, pressure is applied, making it more noticeable.  Osteopathic manipulation could help.

I was having this weird sensation that my oblique muscle was "falling asleep" and subsequently making me nauseous, my doctors couldn't find anything wrong.  Finally, my Osteopathic doctor found that my rib was putting pressure on a nerve that goes across the stomach.  He started adjusting and magically, I'm all better!

Just a thought.

I hope you figure it out & get better soon.
 - Sarah    (Don't tell anyone I'm a secret ninja warrior!)
Visit: ThugRadio.Net, twitter.com/ThugRadio, sarah-anderson.artistwebsites.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views