Quesadillas and Fajitas

DivaJojo
on 6/4/11 11:39 am - Atlanta, GA
Okay. Lately I have had a taste for these and would like to make at home. Any great DS recipe ideas out there?

Oohhh. . . also fish tacos. . . or any good tilapia recipes welcome.

Here's one I like: Mix Tblsp of mayo with curry powder and chicken broth (@ 2-3oz). Pour over filets and bake til done. I also nd under broiler for a couple minutes.

I love curry, but don't know how to cook with it "properly."

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

Julie R.
on 6/4/11 12:50 pm - Ludington, MI
 Just buy low-carb tortillas.   Walmart carries a brand we like better than any.   Also, Ortega, I think, makes a whole grain taco shell that is only 4 net carbs!    We make fish tacos all the time.   I take fish fillets (I prefer cod) and sprinkle them with taco seasoning.     We grill the fish and then serve it in the taco shells with shredded cabbage, lime, crumbled queso fresco and avocado.   OMG - they are so good!

I usually buy one of the prepacked curry pastes in the ethnic food sections.   We made Chicken Tiki Masala the other night with boneless chicken thighs and green beans, I believe.  It was wonderful and EASY.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Janine P.
on 6/4/11 1:05 pm - Long Island, NY
Thank you Julie.  I'm going to search for those taco shell's.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

DivaJojo
on 6/4/11 10:46 pm - Atlanta, GA
Mmmmm, thanks. Never used paste before, just bsic curry powder from the store.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

KellySwitched
on 6/4/11 3:01 pm - TX

When I want fajitas I skip the tortillas and serve the fajita meat and queso over a grilled avocado half. It is yummy and I don't miss the tortilla at all. A local restaurant serves this, so I decided to try it at home. I just grill the avocado in a hot skillet for a couple of minutes unless I already have the out door grill hot. The restaurant will also serve queso, chirizo and eggs over a grilled avocado for breakfast. I've heard it's good, but haven't tried it yet.

I don't have any fajita marinade recipes, because being a Texas girl, I always go to the local Mexican grocery store and by mine pre-seasoned.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 369 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 822 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views