10 days out...I want something crunchy

lisarn
on 6/10/11 7:10 am - Omaha, NE
I'm cleared to eat anything, but really cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, and chicken salad is about all I eat. I have a shake and a few bites of pudding once in a while, but again...it's all soft. 
And I'm not craving bad salty munchy chip kinds of things either. 
Like what about toasting whole wheat bread and putting the chicken salad on that? I was also thinkng about roasting some slivered almonds. (mmm, and putting that in the ch. salad?)
What else to eat? I know I can try soup, but I'm not in the mood for liquid!!
Lisa

HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

TTheriot1975
on 6/10/11 7:20 am - TX
Have you tried refried beans? with a little cheese melted in? I heard that was a good staple to try..add water and make it really mushy..has protein. My surgery was June 2nd. Laproscopic. I ate some greek pudding last night and it was good. Has 14 grams protein. No fat. Had lots of carbs tho. But after 3 weeks of liquids I was sooo happy. Today I did 2 scrambled eggs with a tiny *****eese..mashed really good. Learning to chew and eat slow. It was good to eat real food again. I think I will try tuna with a little mayo for supper..I dont want to see another shake. Although I am trying to drink and Atkins shake right now..ughh..I am still gassy tho..burp when I eat and drink..want that all to go away.
DS surgery date 6/2/11
CW-330    
lisarn
on 6/10/11 7:42 am - Omaha, NE
Haven't done refried beans yet...but the cheese part sounds good. I can barely get one scrambled egg down. (and I do add cheese to my eggs too). 
My mil made smoked chicken for the family, so that I ground that up and mixed with mayo. Nice to have that smoky meat taste!
I just had my daughter roast some slivered almonds...yum! It's hard to go slow, but I am making myself do it! These are soooo good!!!
Lisa

Mary_J
on 6/10/11 7:41 am
If you've been cleared to eat anything, then find something crunchy and eat it! I liked the mini Breton crackers with the tuna - there aren't many carbs in them, they're small, and they satisfy the 'crunch' factor.

5' 5" -  317.5 / 132 / 134  SW / CW / GW

lisarn
on 6/10/11 7:46 am - Omaha, NE
Mary,
Even though I'm cleared anything, I know my new tummy can't handle everything. I had crackers a few days ago (not like the Breton ones though), I didn't feel good afterward. Don't know if it was too much, or the crackers. 

Mary_J
on 6/10/11 9:16 am
I suspect too much. The crackers probably expanded more than you anticipated and caused the problem.

5' 5" -  317.5 / 132 / 134  SW / CW / GW

zuzupetals2u2
on 6/10/11 9:10 am - Sedona, AZ
I would chew on some nuts as they are mostly protein might satisfy the crunch cravings but do chew them well . .

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

manditude
on 6/10/11 2:42 pm
Macadamia nuts are very easy to take on a new stomach (or they were for me) and they gave me the crunch I was looking for and sated my early-out stomach nicely. Almonds might be good too.

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/11 12:04 am

Try nuts, sunflower seeds, jerky, chili with tons of cheese, refried beans with tons of cheese, baked red potato swimming in butter and sour cream, the possibilties are endless...but since you're so early out you only have so much space so make sure it's protein and not carbs...those carbs fill you up so fast it's awful. Here's a site I love for low carb recipes:  http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

KarenFlorida
on 6/11/11 5:38 am - Orlando, FL
My surgeon cleared me to eat nuts, chewed very well into a paste, and I am only 3 days postop. I tried a few of them earlier, and no problems that I noticed.
Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 776 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1061 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 351 views