Are oil slicks just a newbie thing?

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/11 10:23 pm
Don't worry about cutting back on your fat intake-you need fat to help move things along and what your body doesn't need, it will end up being an oil slick. *lol* I've only had two: once at about 1.5 months out and I ate a butt load of shrimp scampi and the yummy garlic butter ended up being a dime size floating oil slick. Just recently-can't recall what I ate that was so loaded with fat-but when I went to wipe my happy ass it was all over my Charmin and not floating atop the water! Freaked me out because it's such a rare occurrence with me. *lol* Sheeeeeeeesh, what we admit to on this board!!
Julie R.
on 6/12/11 10:35 pm - Ludington, MI
I still get them and interestingly,(but only to a DS'er I suppose, LOL)  it's always the week following my period.    The week before my period, I get normal pre-DS poos and can even get constipated.   The week during and after my period, my poo activity steps up, and so do the oil slicks.   
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Elizabeth N.
on 6/12/11 11:49 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I see evidence of fat malabsorption every time I take a dump. It's a lot less dramatic than it used to be, though.....well, with the occasional exception depending on intake :-D. However, fat intake keeps me pooping, so I'm cool with fatty poo.

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/11 3:29 am - Omaha, NE
I'm 7 years out and get about 2 -3 real oil slicks a year.  I know when they are coming because I get a different feeling in my stomach and know that I only have a few minutes until it hits - oddly enough it usually comes after a normal morning pooh about 2 hours later.  Hot dogs are the worst.  Remember to not always trust a fart if you've eaten a lot of fat :)

Kathy 
_Leslie_
on 6/13/11 4:49 am - Franklin, WI
I really really miss miss my orange globs in the toilet!!

All my poop floats and theres always a sheen so I know I'm still malabsorbing...

I remember the first time I got the slicks.... Brok's pizza at a couple months out... Now I eat Brok's pizza and still not the same

Ah well!

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      
                                   Surgery Date: July 30, 2010                      

Dena73
on 6/13/11 4:59 am - Hamilton, NJ
Definitely not a newbie thing! LOL.  If I eat too much fat it shows up in the toilet!! lol.  I love my DS!

Dena

HW 294..... SW 277..... CW 161 ..... GW 160???
DOODLESNJ AND ELLEN G. ARE MY ANGELS   R.I.P. Faith...Beautiful Angel 8/26/10, you will be missed by all, gone but never forgotten <3 <3 <3
DENA    

KimberlyHeidi
on 6/13/11 8:36 am - VA
I still get them from time to time and I am over 6 months post op. Sometimes they happen just once others they might last a few days where I have to use a pad.
Psyche
on 6/13/11 9:13 am
Definitely not a newbie thing. I still get them occasionally and I know a lot of old timers that do. I would not worry about your fat intake.
SW 280 / GW 150 / CW 128.8

Reconstructive surgery, under construction!

Lower Body Lift - 12/14/2011 - Atlanta VA Medical Center
Brachioplasty & Mastopexy w/Augmentation - 03/14/2012 - Dr Marisa Lawrence

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views