30 pounds in 45 days.. Is this on track?

galla1
on 6/30/11 12:29 am
Just seems real slow. Should I be doing something to help speed it up?
Thanks all.. Hope you all make it a wonderful day!!! :)
DarcyMad
on 6/30/11 12:31 am - Cedar Park, TX
I felt the same way early out....be patient with yourself.  Everyone loses at a different pace, especially depending on how much you have to lose!  I'd say you are doing damn good so far.  Keep it up and don't rely on the scale so much.
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

galla1
on 6/30/11 12:32 am
Thanks, I'm just a worry wart... Maybe I need to get rid of the scale for awhile...
DarcyMad
on 6/30/11 12:35 am - Cedar Park, TX
That helps in the beginning...seriously.  As fat folk, we have let the scale get the best of us for too long so staying away and letting the surgery do its work is best.  I remember being swollen for quite a while in the beginning and that messes with your mind.  You feel like its not going to go away, that the weight won't come off and this surgery won't work on you.  Well, I'm 7 mos out and down 90 of the 110lbs I wanted to lose.  It will start flying once you get into a routine.  Give yourself time....you just had a really major surgery!
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

MarciRenee
on 6/30/11 12:54 am - IA
30 pounds in 45 days seems SLOW?  ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???

That is an .67 pounds a DAY!  How in the name of all that is holy do youc consider that a slow loss???

Chill, you are doing fine.

When was the last time you lost 30 pounds in a month and a half??
Marci       
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 3:02 am - Lancaster, OH
Exactly.  A total water fast for a month would not have netted me a 20 pound loss.
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 2:36 am
That is not slow its Amazing!  I stopped weighing myself because I was obsessed over how "slow" the scale was moving down, then my 11yr.old daughter told me to think of it in REVERSE, if I gained X lbs . in X amount of time would I say it was slow? Heck no!
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 5:29 am
Smart daughter!!
beemerbeeper
on 6/30/11 5:51 am - AL
Your are kidding, right?  Congrats on your early success. 

~Becky

galla1
on 6/30/11 7:44 am
just strange.. maybe a head issue?? I don't know what is going on.. but i do appreciate you telling me this is good.. When I asked my NUT she answered "everyone looses at a different pace" So I took that as not so good.. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 365 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 820 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views