omg..I cant stop eating..WTH...

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/11 3:54 am - Beverly, NJ
You rock!
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 11:42 am - Saint Louis, MO
One week a month (the week before my TOM) I can't stop eating.. and that's the week I lose weight.  It's the only week in the month I lose weight.. I've been that way since about 6 months out.
beemerbeeper
on 6/30/11 11:46 am - AL
I am a non-stop eater.  Every two hours or more.  I can't leave the house without taking food with me or I will be starving by the time I get down the street.

The KEY is WHAT you are eating.  Not how often.

Eating carbs will make you want to eat more carbs and it will slow your loss down.  It also sets you up for when eating carbs will stop your loss or even make you gain which is where I am at now.

For me, I have to keep several protein only snacks handy-by at all times.  If I don't I am going to eat something and I won't care what it is at the moment.

I try to keep the carbs out of the house and keep tons of protein in the house.

Hope that helps.

~Becky

Lisey
on 7/1/11 6:51 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI
What Becky said - eating carbs makes you want to eat carbs.  Like Julie says next, eating often isn't bad for us, it's what you eat and you don't want to not maximize your opportunity for WL.

Have things to snack on that are ready or easy to grab that are DS healthy (eg, low carb), that you like.

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Tassia
on 6/30/11 6:26 pm
 Yup, some days I'm a bottomless pit!  I say to myself STOP already, but as long as i'm eating mostly protein and not carby crap, I just take it as it comes.

*   Take 1 DS, add a little p90x and stir :)
5' 3"  HW 293/SW 253/Goal 130/CW 128

Julie R.
on 6/30/11 8:49 pm - Ludington, MI
 Ehhh....I'm a non-stop eater too.   I always have to have some kind of food hanging around or I get nervous, LOL.

Just stick to the good stuff.   You're too early out to be compromising your weight loss window.   When you get to goal and find your sweet spot maintenance wise, then you can test the DS waters.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

MarciRenee
on 6/30/11 10:44 pm - IA
My rule is - if I'm hungry I eat.  Period.  I go to protein first, most of the time.  If it is "time" to eat and I'm not hungry, I don't eat.  Not to say I never nosh on carbs b/c I do on occasion.  I don't mindlessly eat, usually.  But if I am feeling that way I will make a bowl of popcorn and coat it with butter...that way it is "better" for me than say, a bag of candy.

I think, if you feel that you ARE off track, you should start tracking your food in
www.myfitnesspal.com - that is the first step.  And if you feel that you are over-indulging in carbs then start cutting those out and replacing them with proteiny-goodness.

As long as you eat when you are hungry, stop eating when you are full, and don't over-indulge in carbs you are doing fine.  If your body tells you that you are hungry then eat.
Marci       
Victorious_one
on 6/30/11 10:54 pm - South Central, PA
I have "big sleeve" and "little sleeve" days.  Some days (maybe 2/7 weekly), I have no appetite.  Then, the other days in the week, it's like I'm always starving!  I also have a rule that I eat when I'm hungry.  This is true body hunger, not head hunger, so I don't have to worry about feeding myself empty calories that will turn into pounds later.  

Earlier out, I couldn't go more that 2-3 hours without eating something.  Your sleeve is still small.  It doesn't hold as much food at a time as it used to, so it needs to be filled more often.

Eating protein will help you feel less hungry than will eating carbs.  I'd say pick 2-3 go-to proteins (like cheese, bacon, eggs, etc.) that you eat immediately when you feel super-hungry.  It will help curb your hunger and curb your appetite for carbs.

Also, make sure you're getting in enough water.  I know for a fact that I don't drink enough, so I stay hungry more than I should.  It helps to keep the tummy busy.

Hang in there--you sound very normal.  

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
P. Poster
on 6/30/11 10:58 pm
 I pretty much eat non-stop.  If I don't, I get CRANKY (really, I do!) and my family/friends know that I've gone too long without food.  It's kinda become a big joke in my circles, but, it is what it is.  I keep food in my car, in my purse, ect.  I always know where I can go to get something if I run out of my own "stash"...  I'll order a full meal even if I am just popping into a bar or restaurant to say hi to a friend, and then take it to go.  I NEVER pass up food these days.  Before my TOM, it is a million times worse, and I will literally eat all day long, big quantities, and quite the odd variety too.  I just try to live by the DSer "code"- protein FIRST, stop when full, eat when hungry.  It's served me well :)
lk1970
on 6/30/11 11:11 pm
HIjack!!!!!!! BEAN!!!!!!!!! OMG stunning new AVI, what a beauty you are!!!!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 358 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 815 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views