Revision from VSG to DS...second phase Surgeon close to Kentucky

Debbie H.
on 7/2/11 8:09 am - Lawrenceburg, KY
 Original surgeon doesn't do second phase....DS.  Anybody had VSG to DS?  Surgeons in Kentucky or close?  UHC will cover as long as it's in network doctor and hospital...at least I won't have to pay out of pocket this time!  Please don't be shy...share your experiences
Ann M.
on 7/2/11 8:13 am - GA
Mine was done all in one operation but they are several vetted DS docs in Tennessee. Have you tried looking at dsfacts.com?

-Band to DS revision on 06/21/2011!
Highest known Wt/ Lowest Wt (Banded)/ Regain-Starting Wt/ Current Wt/ Goal Wt
379.6/ 272/ 342/ 169/ South of 200

Debbie H.
on 7/2/11 8:38 am - Lawrenceburg, KY
 dsfacts.com only shows 2 in Tennessee, they also show Dr. Inmanin IN.  Has anyone seen her?
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/11 9:31 am
 I think that is it for Tennessee, but there are others not that far away. Several people have had Dr. Inman in IN, but over the weekend you may not get to many answers. You may have to wait until after the holiday to get more people's response.

Your best bet is dsfacts.com though

southernlady5464
on 7/2/11 10:15 am
Mine (Dr. Boyce, Knoxville) is not listed on DSFacts but many have used him on here. And I know he does revisions.

Excellent surgeon, but office aftercare leaves much to be desired.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Janine P.
on 7/2/11 10:07 am - Long Island, NY
Dr. Alfons Pomp - Weill Cornell, NYC.  The man is amazing, the care if phenomenal, the hospital is like a hotel, and he's in network.  I know you would like to avoid traveling (who wouldn't) but he's worth the trip.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

southernlady5464
on 7/2/11 10:13 am
On July 2, 2011 at 5:07 PM Pacific Time, Janine P. wrote:
Dr. Alfons Pomp - Weill Cornell, NYC.  The man is amazing, the care if phenomenal, the hospital is like a hotel, and he's in network.  I know you would like to avoid traveling (who wouldn't) but he's worth the trip.

AMEN to that...I would have loved to have him as my surgeon, he was my dh's. But MY insurance didn't want me to go out of state.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Elizabeth N.
on 7/2/11 10:42 am - Burlington County, NJ
Drs. Spaw or Houston in Nashville.

k9ophile
on 7/2/11 11:36 am
Lawrenceburg is near Lexington, is it not?  There 's Teel amd McGuire* in OH that may be just as good a choice as those in TN.  Of course, I think Dr. Houston in Nashville is terrific, but the surgeons in the Dayton, OH area may be worth a shot.

*I'm really talking about travel and not that any surgeon is better than another for doing the switch portion.  I have family in NW Ohio and we consider Lexington to be the half way point between here and there when we visit them.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

sdld2001
on 7/4/11 10:55 pm - Summerville, SC
Another vote for Dr. Boyce in Knoxville. Great guy/surgeon. I'm really not sure why he's not listed on DSfacts yet. he's been doing the DS for years now. I've never heard/read anyone coming out with a less than stellar result. But as posted before, his aftercare program kind of stinks, but unfortunately that's not unusual in the DS world.
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 310 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 775 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 258 views