any tips or tricks on urinating after surgery?

Twi light
on 7/14/11 5:56 am - NY
i never had a problem before. I am terrified of having the cather go back in.
Hitorikiri
on 7/14/11 6:10 am - Willow Grove, PA
I was unable to urinate either when they removed the Foley catheter, despite the fact that my bladder was most definitely full. I ended up being re-catheterized with just a straight catheter, and honestly, the relief of finally having an empty bladder more than made up for the embarassment and slight discomfort. There was really nothing for me to be scared about, and that seemed to jump start everythig again because I was finally able to go on my own afterwards. 
Check out my blog: My Switch Story  ✽✽✽ Also, visit DS Facts for real information about the DS.

StacyB88888
on 7/14/11 6:29 am - FL
After a horrific gall bladder blockage and infection followed by  surgery the nurse put peppermint oil on/near my girl partsto get me to go...not sure how that works for boys.

dtabor5
on 7/14/11 6:30 am
I had the same problem.... turn on the water in the sink (warm) and put your hand in it like we use to do as a prank and i promise you, I was 30 minutes away from being re-cathed and it worked!!

Denise T.
My Angel is MAJORMOM!!!

MY DS!!!!
I see stupid people everywhere!!!

Michelle B.
on 7/14/11 7:59 am - Cleveland, OH
I couldn't pee after they took the cath. out after my surgery either.  I did the running water trick too.  It took a couple of tries but eventually I went and then after the first time it was no problem at all.
Julie R.
on 7/14/11 10:31 am - Ludington, MI
 Hijack!  Michelle, look at YOU!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Michelle B.
on 7/14/11 10:49 am - Cleveland, OH
 Thanks Julie!  I feel fantastic!  I  my DS.  

I'm 5'2.  I've set my arbitrary "goal" weight at 130 so only like 35 lbs to go!  I'd like to get a little below that to account for bounceback if I can.  I've been overweight my whole life.  Have only 35 lbs to lose is something I've never been able to say.  35 lbs sounds like NOTHING!
Twi light
on 7/14/11 11:34 am - NY
i peeed. i had to tur on the shower but it finally happened.
AllieInOntario
on 7/14/11 11:39 am
Good for you!!!
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 368 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 822 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views