Anyone have a workbook from their surgeon?

StephOinAZ
on 7/15/11 5:03 pm

I can't sleep, I'm in hyper-planning mode. My mind won't calm down enough and I feel like I need to start getting everything ready for post-op even though I'm still 18 days away!

With my lap-band, my surgeon (Dr. Blackstone) had the most amazing workbook for me to use pre and post op. It had dividers and each part was sectioned out and had nutrition info, exercise charts and ideas and goals, meal ideas, a weight loss tracker chart, etc.  I am one of those people who LOVES notebooks full of stuff.  It keeps me organized and makes me feel more in control.  I also color coordinate with colored ink pens :) 

My new weight loss center for my DS is very new to the DS and doesn't have any such workbook.  Idk if they'll get one, but I will suggest it.  Did your surgeon's have anything like this?  If so, do you have it in a format that could be emailed or posted on-line?  I'd really love to sort of mix and match and make up my own notebook.  I am trying to type up some pages on my own also, but I'd like to see actual doctor created pages. 

Once I'm done putting it together I'd be happy to post a link for anyone who wants to download it if your surgeon doesn't give you one from their own program :) 

no_more_rolls
on 7/15/11 5:30 pm - Jackson, MI
My surgeon didn't really have a notebook, but they did give me a folder full of various information and asked me to join a website that they could also track.  IMO the website was streamlined more towards band patients although it did have "tools" that are useful to track your progress.  The tools were very similar to the tools available here on OH.  It's easier to do everything in one place so I just use the tools here.  The tools here keep me organized without all the added paper...since that seems to add up fast (at least for me).  Everytime I get any labs done, testing, meds, etc. related to my DS those go in the folder I was given.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

lisaiamhappy
on 7/15/11 7:20 pm - LeBlanc, LA
not sure if you can call it a workbook but I got something simular it is called a bari bible.  It has all the nutrition papers in it from the classes, it has places for notes, it has example meals with lots of protein just about everything I just love mine I did not get it until a week before surgery.  When I went in to sign concents is when they gave it out you may get this.  Good luck.

teachmid
on 7/15/11 11:44 pm - OKC, OK
My surgeon's website, Dr. Keshishian, has a patient workbook that can be read/downloaded. Also check out Dr. Stewart's website.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

orangecrushed
on 7/16/11 1:23 am - Triad, NC
Thank you for the suggestion!  There's tons of info.

Anyone wanting the link: http://www.dssurgery.com/program/patient-workbook.php
StephOinAZ
on 7/16/11 5:41 am
This is great :)  thank you for the link!
StephOinAZ
on 7/16/11 5:41 am
Perfect!  Thank you very much :)
StephOinAZ
on 7/16/11 7:22 am

I have a question- on document 8- Diet Guidelines - Post-Operative Nutrition, the plan outlined keeps emphasising lactose free and low fat foods.  As a DS post-op, are we still required low fat and milk free protein shakes?  Just curious.  Thanks :)

amccu18007
on 7/16/11 7:29 am - Newark, DE
 I didn't worry about the low fat part. However, you may become lactose intolerant after surgery so it is best to ease back into whole milk, dairy thing  while healing. I waited to try for a bit as I didn't want to add anything else into the new tummy mix. 
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

Band to DS
on 7/15/11 11:48 pm, edited 2/3/12 10:05 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 326 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views