Vitamin B-12 Question

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 5:14 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Hi I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on high B-12 levels. I need to know how dangerous it is to have a High B-12 level.

The high end of the range on my labs for B-12 is mid nine hundreds, my levels are mid 1600's.

My apologies for not giving you the specific numbers but I gave them to my daughter to scan to the computer and she hasn't done it yet and I can't find them. Hopefully I will have any answers you may have for me regarding my labs a little later today.

I suffer from damaged nerves because of my lap band. My band was removed nine weeks ago and the nerve pain is still there and may be there forever IDK I hope not.

My biggest complaint is the upper arm(s) pain

Burning pain
Aching pain
Deep Muscle pain
Radiating
Tingling
Chills
Weakness
I'm very sensitive to touch.If I scratch my arms it feels like I have left behind a trail of burning pain that follows the path of where my fingers scratched.

This is also true for my legs and everywhere in between, but the arm pain is intolerable and can lay me out for weeks at a time.

I never used to suffer from headaches and now they are becoming a weekly occurrence.

I've been tested for everything and I will have my first appt with my new PCP ( new ins ) next week. That is the soonest I could get in.

So does anyone know if there is anything bad about having high B-12 levels. I did stop taking my B-12 a couple of weeks ago because I was concerned about the high levels and now I am in even more pain, so I started taking it again about three days ago.

If you have any suggestions for labs that I should request be drawn at the new PCP office I will gladly request them.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Lisa

Kayla B.
on 7/19/11 6:08 am - Austin, TX
Not that dangerous.  Go home and post the rest of the values, including normal lab ranges.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Renfairewench
on 7/19/11 6:36 am
Are you anemic? 
Your symptoms seem to be nerve related. You should probably see your doctor.
My mother had similar symptoms and it turned out that she had a couple of vertebre that were impeeding the flow of spinal fluid causing spinal cord damage.  She had to have her disks fused and went on to have to take nuroitin (spelling) for the damage.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views