Forcing myself to eat

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 9:28 am - Beverly, NJ

I feel fantastic.  Well short some built of gas that doesnt want to leave.  I havent been nauseous (knock on wood), I pooped right after that last post (and haven't been able to close the flood gates since), and I'm not as sore as I thought I would be.  I think my biggest complaint would be that I have a hard time getting enough water in and, like I said before, the gas. Oh yeah and that whole sleeping sitting up thing, that sucks, but it's doable.  I'm a stomach sleeper so the only other way I've found comfortable is propped up.  

SO that being said I'm not hungry.... Even when I think I'm hungry I can't find anything that is appealing.  I stocked my kitchen up for a liquid diet but nothing I have or can find online looks good.  So what do I do?  I drink another bottle of water and don't eat.  Not intentionally, I'm just not hungry.  

Any ideas?  What can I do to snap me out of this bordem?!   The last time I didn't eat like this I was a rebelling 20 year old who wanted to lose weight.  Who would of ever thought I would be so ok with not eating and trying to find ways to force something in?

Oh and yeah I'm getting all my water, plus a protein shake, plus my ADEK and today I started my b-12.  Tomorrow or maybe Thursday I was going to start my iron.  Since I'm tolerating everything so well I figured adding a vitamin every day or so would be ok. This is ok right?

Today was a great day.  I feel so great and those scars on my neck from my central line are AWESOME!  I told my 9 year old I got bit by a vampire and he bought it lol.  

beemerbeeper
on 7/19/11 9:36 am - AL
Don't worry about it.  If you are getting your fluids and getting on near 30 of protein don't worry about eating. 

Let the DS do it's work and watch your weight drop.  This is TEMPORARY.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 9:37 am
 That is to funny, getting bit by a vampire, lol.

if you are getting in enough liquids, and you are getting in protein shakes I would not worry to much about eating anything if it doesn't appeal to you. If it sounds good try it if not don't worry about it just yet.
your appetite will come back, no worries.

You're doing great, miss vampire. lol

Inge
Julie R.
on 7/19/11 9:54 am - Ludington, MI
 Like others say....eat what sounds good.     It's not so neccessary that you get in protein right now - only fluids, and it sounds like  you're doing great in that regard.   Don't get too stressed about the carb content of things right now....I mean I wouldn't go out and get yourself an ice cream cone or eat a box of crackers because they sound good, cause you will pay dearly for that digestively, but if you want a few bites of mashed potatoes or nibble on a couple of soda crackers smeared with peanut butter, go for it.  They'll get that gnawing empty feeling out of your stomach.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

beth-28
on 7/19/11 10:55 am
Congrats!! I can't wait to join the ranks, but I wanted to ask......why the central line? Does everyone get a central line for this surg?
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

beemerbeeper
on 7/19/11 11:26 am - AL
Dr Smith puts in a PICC line the day before surgery and leaves it in until you are discharged from the hospital.  Every surgeon has their own protocol.

~Becky

beth-28
on 7/19/11 11:39 am
Thanks Becky!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Elizabeth N.
on 7/19/11 11:44 am - Burlington County, NJ
If you're getting all your water and a protein shake, relax. You're doing fine. HYDRATE. It's only been a week.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views