indentations at incisions sites (but not all incision sites) normal???

Twi light
on 7/20/11 7:46 am - NY
I had abdominal surgery before but i never recall this type of strange indentations that i have with this one.

I have 8 incisions.

the incision in the belly button and ea*****ision to the side of the belly button have like a permanent indentation. My belly looks as if i am wearing pants that are too tight and it is cutting into my belly across the belly button, but this is all occuring just because of the incisions.  

I have noticed this improve some from a week ago (when i had surgery) and i am sure it is not going to  be perm but i am just curious at this point why this is?  Anyone know?  I wouldnt be so intrigued if it was all the incisions, but it is just those three.

Also, 8 incisions, isnt this a lot? 
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/20/11 11:20 am
I think I had 8 incisions (hard to tell now), and several were really dented in, with one looking really bad. The worst one was on the right side of my abdomen, and really had a crater left in my fat. As the weight came off, it just disappeared.
elixir
on 7/20/11 11:23 am - MI
I have six incisions. Two of them had the weird indentations where it seemed like it wasn't even. I put some ScarZone on all of the incisions and noticed that after a day or two the indentations were gone. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

zuzupetals2u2
on 7/20/11 12:27 pm - Sedona, AZ
not sure about the incisions but I am sure you are still swollen in that area . .

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Renfairewench
on 7/20/11 12:56 pm
I have two indentations. One is along the length of my scar down the center of my stomach. It actually INDENTS. I two distinct sides!  And I have a small indentation where a JP drain was.  I'm hoping that atsme point the scar tissue will relax and the indentation will subside, but I have doubts that will happen. My guess is that if I ever win the lottery I will have to have plastics to rectify it.

Maddie.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

P. Poster
on 7/20/11 8:38 pm
 Probably some minor adhesion.  May or may not resolve itself.  Normal.  I have one scar that completely popped OUT and is raised and gnarly (I will be having scar revision when I have my plastics on this one), and two that indented.  The rest are absolutely MIA and I couldn't tell you where the incision even was these days...
KellyJTn
on 7/21/11 12:45 am - Oak Ridge, TN
I had a really big indentation at one of my incisions. It was pretty painful and caused me to stay on pain medication for longer than expected. I couldn't even stand upright because it pulled too much when I did. The surgeon told me that he thought during the stitching up, some fat may have gotten tied in the stitches causing it to dent in. He said once the stitches started to dissolve, it would release the fat and all would go back to normal. A few weeks after that, it slowly started to release until at about week 4, it popped back out and felt 100% fine. Now you can't even tell it was ever there.

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

Twi light
on 7/21/11 2:53 am - NY
On July 21, 2011 at 7:45 AM Pacific Time, KellyJTn wrote:
I had a really big indentation at one of my incisions. It was pretty painful and caused me to stay on pain medication for longer than expected. I couldn't even stand upright because it pulled too much when I did. The surgeon told me that he thought during the stitching up, some fat may have gotten tied in the stitches causing it to dent in. He said once the stitches started to dissolve, it would release the fat and all would go back to normal. A few weeks after that, it slowly started to release until at about week 4, it popped back out and felt 100% fine. Now you can't even tell it was ever there.
this is what i thought happened actually, it slowly releases but not fully, i thought either the fat was trapped or taken out during surgery, but makes sense it was just locked up with the stitches.

Thanks
Twi light
on 7/21/11 6:22 am - NY
posting just to see my ticker

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views