Ladies - TOM Question.

Shavonne P.
on 7/21/11 11:16 pm
How far post-op did you get your first period?  My last period was a week before surgery.  I am almost 7 weeks out and haven't had another one.  Maybe the shock to the body from major surgery knocked it all outta whack??
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 11:21 pm - Beverly, NJ
I had the last day of my period the day before surgery. Imagine my surprise when I woke up with it 8 days post-op. However that just like you're missing it so far out might be the effects of the big great mystery of our hormones hard at work being screwed up by such a big surgery.
callmeEJ
on 7/22/11 12:26 am - Minneapolis, MN
It's probably the hormonal shakeup. I hadn't had a period for 2 years because of a combo of PCOS and an IUD. Two days after surgery, I started having some light spotting, and then 2 weeks later I got a full-blown period. And the period has been coming at irregular intervals since. Yay, hormones!
-EJ
"If television's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up." -cat and girl

5'6" HW 325 / SW 317 / CW 214 / First Goal 190    |    Century Club 09/19/2011
Hendramy
on 7/22/11 1:10 am
Got mine in the hospital, which I read on here is very common.  Something with surgery and the hormones can do that.  I would think that you are just experiencing the opposite of that phenomenon.

If you are concerned, please go to the obgyn, and put any fears to rest.
Amy
HW 324/ SW 303/ CW 172/ GW130            
Mannyb23
on 7/22/11 10:22 am - Fort Worth, TX
Get this for a kick... I got mine the day after surgery and I am still on it!!! Almost 2 weeks post op! It is back and forth from heavy, to "almost gone light" and then back to "hey I am still here." Hopefully it will end soon because being anemic I am so tired and I am to scared to swallow my big horse Iron pills right now.
MarciRenee
on 7/25/11 2:23 am - IA

2 weeks of bleeding AND being anemic already??? 

Time to call your surgeon and/or ob/gyn.  I would consider getting the IUD Mirena inserted, STAT.  That IUD has a low dose hormone in it that lessens the length and amount of bleeding of your period.  Even during my hormonal ups and downs of my post-op DS life in the first year I never really had a "real" period.  I had light spotting, usually not even enough that I needed to wear anything for it.  I LOVED it.  I didn't even get the dreaded period while I was in the hospital!

I would also recommend switching to Proferrin Iron, as they aren't huge horse pills and are less constipating than other forms of iron.

Marci       
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views